Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1? - VMS ; From: tadamsmar > Can you record DVDs or CDs using 7.2.1? Perhaps, but that may depend on what "7.2.1" is, and/or what it runs on, and/or what's connected to it how. Perhaps you could ask again, and include enough information ...

  1. Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1?

    From: tadamsmar

    > Can you record DVDs or CDs using 7.2.1?

    Perhaps, but that may depend on what "7.2.1" is, and/or what it runs
    on, and/or what's connected to it how.

    Perhaps you could ask again, and include enough information for a
    non-psychic to provide a useful and reliable answer.

    Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-info
    382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
    Saint Paul MN 55105-2547

  2. Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1?

    On Aug 28, 3:00*pm, s...@antinode.info (Steven M. Schweda) wrote:
    > From:tadamsmar
    >
    > > Can you record DVDs or CDs using 7.2.1?

    > * *Perhaps, but that may depend on what "7.2.1" is, and/or what it runs
    > on, and/or what's connected to it how.
    >
    > * *Perhaps you could ask again, and include enough information for a
    > non-psychic to provide a useful and reliable answer.

    Digital Equipment Corporation's Open Virtual Memory System Version
    7.2.1, which is now owned by Compaq.

    Sorry, I am sure using that "7.2.1" shorthand could mean a dozen
    different things when posted in the context of a newgroup named:
    comp.os.vms.

  3. Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1?

    On Sep 2, 10:46*am, tadamsmar wrote:
    > On Aug 28, 3:00*pm, s...@antinode.info (Steven M. Schweda) wrote:
    >
    > > From:tadamsmar

    > > > Can you record DVDs or CDs using 7.2.1?

    > > * *Perhaps, but that may depend on what "7.2.1" is, and/or what it runs
    > > on, and/or what's connected to it how.

    > > * *Perhaps you could ask again, and include enough information for a
    > > non-psychic to provide a useful and reliable answer.

    > Digital Equipment Corporation's Open Virtual Memory System Version
    > 7.2.1, which is now owned by Compaq.
    >
    > Sorry, I am sure using that "7.2.1" shorthand could mean a dozen
    > different things when posted in the context of a newgroup named:
    > comp.os.vms.

    I should have said 7.2-1, I know that "." must have rendered my post
    completely undecipherable to you.

  4. Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1?

    tadamsmar wrote:
    > On Aug 28, 3:00 pm, s...@antinode.info (Steven M. Schweda) wrote:
    >> From:tadamsmar
    >>
    >>> Can you record DVDs or CDs using 7.2.1?

    >> Perhaps, but that may depend on what "7.2.1" is, and/or what it runs
    >> on, and/or what's connected to it how.
    >>
    >> Perhaps you could ask again, and include enough information for a
    >> non-psychic to provide a useful and reliable answer.

    > Digital Equipment Corporation's Open Virtual Memory System Version
    > 7.2.1, which is now owned by Compaq.
    >
    > Sorry, I am sure using that "7.2.1" shorthand could mean a dozen
    > different things when posted in the context of a newgroup named:
    > comp.os.vms.

    Well *I* assumed that "7.2.1" referred to a release of VMS but perhaps
    others have an imagination more vivid than mine!

  5. Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1?

    In article , tadamsmar writes:

    > Digital Equipment Corporation's Open Virtual Memory System Version
    > 7.2.1, which is now owned by Compaq.

    Nope. There's no 7.2.1. And VMS is owned by HP. I still think
    you mean 7.2-1.

  6. Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1?

    tadamsmar wrote:

    > On Sep 2, 10:46 am, tadamsmar wrote:
    > > On Aug 28, 3:00 pm, s...@antinode.info (Steven M. Schweda) wrote:
    > >
    > > > From:tadamsmar

    > > > Perhaps, but that may depend on what "7.2.1" is, and/or what it runs
    > > > on, and/or what's connected to it how.

    > > > Perhaps you could ask again, and include enough information for a
    > > > non-psychic to provide a useful and reliable answer.

    > > Digital Equipment Corporation's Open Virtual Memory System Version
    > > 7.2.1, which is now owned by Compaq.
    > >
    > > Sorry, I am sure using that "7.2.1" shorthand could mean a dozen
    > > different things when posted in the context of a newgroup named:
    > > comp.os.vms.

    > I should have said 7.2-1, I know that "." must have rendered my post
    > completely undecipherable to you.

    Indeed. "7.2-1" is - more or less - "VMS-speak", while 7.2.1 could
    pertain to just about anything else VMS-related (cdwrite, dvdwrite,
    Apache, Perl, PGP, etc. ...).

    D.J.D.

  7. Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1?

    Bob Koehler wrote:
    > In article , tadamsmar writes:
    >> Digital Equipment Corporation's Open Virtual Memory System Version
    >> 7.2.1, which is now owned by Compaq.

    > Nope. There's no 7.2.1. And VMS is owned by HP. I still think
    > you mean 7.2-1.

    Just beat it to death Bob!! I had no trouble figuring out what he meant!

  8. Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1?

    In article , "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:

    > Just beat it to death Bob!! I had no trouble figuring out what he meant!

    Hey, it's a technical newgroup. Either 0 or 1.

  9. Re: Can you record DVDs on 7.2.1?

    On Sep 3, 8:51*am, koeh...@eisner.nospam.encompasserve.org (Bob
    Koehler) wrote:
    > In article , "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    >

    > > Just beat it to death Bob!! *I had no trouble figuring out what he meant!

    > * Hey, it's a technical newgroup. *Either 0 or 1.

    Flatter yourself, if you want. But don't overlook the fact that no one
    can give me a straightforward answer to my question. It's not
    technical enough to do that. I am really not sure I know any more now
    than before I ask the question.

    Thanks for the reminders about dashes and dots.

    Anyway, I guess my question is too arcane.

+ Reply to Thread