Re: rx2600s on eBay - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: rx2600s on eBay - VMS ; Jan-Erik Söderholm wrote: > Well, I'd better ask the seller about "overseas" > shipping. Got an reply: > Thank you for your inquiry. > > I am sorry we do not ship to your location. > > Best regards, Well, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: rx2600s on eBay

    Jan-Erik Söderholm wrote:

    > Well, I'd better ask the seller about "overseas"
    > shipping.

    Got an reply:

    > Thank you for your inquiry.
    >
    > I am sorry we do not ship to your location.
    >
    > Best regards,

    Well, then I know, at least...

    Jan-Erik.

  2. Re: rx2600s on eBay

    It does not come with rackmounting kit unless you buy 8 in a rack
    Then we would just pull them out.
    We are going to order 40-50 in racks once we negotiate a decent deal (where
    we can actually make a profit somewhere)

    Len @ PSDS may be doing the same thing... is that what you're doing Lenny?

    --
    David B Turner

    Island Computers US Corp
    PO Box 86
    Tybee GA 31328

    Toll Free: 1-877 636 4332 x201, Mobile x251
    Email: dturner@islandco.com
    International & Local: (001)- 404-806-7749
    Fax: 912 786 8505
    Web: www.islandco.com

    wrote in message
    > In article
    > <41985b3a-4ee5-451a-aa4c-85a555672871@1g2000pre.googlegroups.com>, Len
    > Whitwer writes:
    >>On Aug 28, 12:19=A0pm, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

    >>other

    >>> Like the one I got via the Intel 3 day porting seminar? =A0It's become a
    >>> parts carcass for the one that is still lumbering along.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =A0 =A0
    >>> =A0VAXman(at)TME=

    >>SIS(dot)COM
    >>>
    >>> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional
    >>> prote=

    >>ction
    >>> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be.
    >>> (=

    >>NJSC)
    >>>
    >>> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =A0Publication of _this_ usenet article
    >>> =

    >>outside
    >>> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this
    >>> copy=

    >>right
    >>> notice, disclaimer and quotations.

    >>---------------------------------------------------------------------------=
    >>-----------------------------------
    >>
    >>rx 2600's for sale!!!!!!! Puget Sound Data Systems, Inc
    >>
    >>We have just bought 25 of these units and will be offering them to
    >>anyone who wants one. We will be testing them as soon as they
    >>arrive (About 1 week) and they will be available for sale. We will
    >>be putting a one year warranty on them to protect the buyer. Pricing
    >>will depend on the final configuration desired.
    >>
    >>We can pre-load VMS, Linux or HP-UX as per buyers request. Or
    >>the machine can be bought with no software. (Contact us on how
    >>to get the licenses for free)
    >>
    >>Please call or e-mail me if you have any questions.
    >>
    >>Len Whitwer

    > What about rack mounting kit? :roll:
    >
    > --
    > VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker
    > VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM
    >
    > ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional
    > protection
    > no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be.
    > (NJSC)
    >
    > Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. Publication of _this_ usenet article
    > outside
    > of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this
    > copyright
    > notice, disclaimer and quotations.

  3. Re: rx2600s on eBay

    Fair enough
    I personally don't buy things (not speaking for the company) without
    warranty
    I have been burned - though it was not DEC based gear.

    As for the RX2600's - I agree and will probably purchase a bunch of them
    before HP goes in to buy them all to scrap

    DT