browser based VT emulator? - VMS

This is a discussion on browser based VT emulator? - VMS ; Hi. I'd just like to ask if anyone has tested any of the web (browser) based VT-emulators available ? Jan-Erik....

  1. browser based VT emulator?

    Hi.
    I'd just like to ask if anyone has tested any
    of the web (browser) based VT-emulators available ?

    Jan-Erik.

  2. Re: browser based VT emulator?

    On Aug 27, 11:08*am, Jan-Erik Söderholm
    wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I'd just like to ask if anyone has tested any
    > of the web (browser) based VT-emulators available ?
    >
    > Jan-Erik.

    My employer uses Reflection-web from Attachmate (formerly WRQ). They
    did not have anything directly available for OpenVMS so we bought 20
    licenses to run on a Solaris box. Continuous users still use a pc-
    based client while occasional users use a browser and Java to connect
    to the Solaris box; the Solaris box makes a telnet connection to our
    OpenVMS box.

    It is very fast and our users have no idea they are being diverted to
    the Solaris box. I "think" you can use a Windows box if you don't have
    solaris etc.

    Neil Rieck
    Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge,
    Ontario, Canada.
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/

  3. Re: browser based VT emulator?

    The Reflections-Web is a Java application.

    We used it in some work we did where we had a training system on the web and
    offered access to OpenVMS as part of the course. Since we could not expect
    people to have an emulator this was a good option. We also offered
    information on where to download public domain terminal emulators which are
    not brower based.

    We were happy with the Reflections-Web emulator.

    It also went by "Reflections for the Web-VT".

    I do not have a working version of it right now as it seems like it is
    sensitive to versions of Java - possibly some detection code in the old
    version which is not really necessary and probably gone now.

    Bill Pedersen

    www: www.ccsscorp.com

    "Jan-Erik Söderholm" wrote in message
    > Hi.
    > I'd just like to ask if anyone has tested any
    > of the web (browser) based VT-emulators available ?
    >
    > Jan-Erik.

  4. Re: browser based VT emulator?

    Neil Rieck wrote:
    > On Aug 27, 11:08 am, Jan-Erik Söderholm
    > wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >> I'd just like to ask if anyone has tested any
    >> of the web (browser) based VT-emulators available ?
    >>
    >> Jan-Erik.

    > My employer uses Reflection-web from Attachmate (formerly WRQ). They
    > did not have anything directly available for OpenVMS

    So it's not a true telnet client ?
    It must have some special server part to work ?
    Or, if not, what is the platform specific part ?

    Jan-Erik.

    so we bought 20
    > licenses to run on a Solaris box. Continuous users still use a pc-
    > based client while occasional users use a browser and Java to connect
    > to the Solaris box; the Solaris box makes a telnet connection to our
    > OpenVMS box.
    >
    > It is very fast and our users have no idea they are being diverted to
    > the Solaris box. I "think" you can use a Windows box if you don't have
    > solaris etc.
    >
    > Neil Rieck
    > Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge,
    > Ontario, Canada.