Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc. - VMS

This is a discussion on Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc. - VMS ; Hi all, I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large software integrator. My project team is working on a project that applies TOGAF to SOA. Are you able to point me to online and offline ...

  1. Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc.

    Hi all,

    I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large
    software integrator. My project team is working on a project that
    applies TOGAF to SOA. Are you able to point me to online and offline
    resources/trainings that can help our team get up to speed with SOA
    features and building blocks, the TOGAF architecture development
    method, and how to use TOGAF to create SOAs. I am also in charge of
    implementing virtualisation and/or SaaS in our company.

    All the help that group members can provide in this regard is much
    appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Anaz

  2. Re: Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc.

    Hi Anaz,

    SOA is the architecture style of choice for enterprises looking for
    agility in their IT systems. But it is not a "one size fits all"
    approach. It can be applied in different ways to meet the needs of
    different enterprises.
    To do this successfully, an architect must have knowledge, skill, and
    good judgement. TOGAF is an industry standard architecture framework
    that has been developed and continuously evolved since the mid-90˘s by
    representatives of some of the world˘s leading IT customer and vendor
    organizations, working in The Open Group's Architecture Forum. No
    framework can take the place of skill and judgement, but TOGAF gives
    an architect knowledge that has been accumulated by others working in
    many different architectural styles. Over the last two years, members
    of The Open Group have been working on how to apply TOGAF to SOA.

    Dr. Chris Harding will conduct a workshop on 'Using TOGAF for
    SOA' (http://www.btsummit.com/summitSchedule.html) at the SOA
    Conference at Business Technology Summit 2008, held in Bangalore from
    22-24 September. This workshop will explore in depth how to develop a
    Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) using The Open Group Architecture
    Framework (TOGAF).

    You can attend this workshop and you will gain an understanding of SOA
    features and building blocks, of the TOGAF architecture development
    method, and of how to use TOGAF to create SOAs for their enterprises.

    All the best
    anil

    On Aug 21, 3:50*pm, anaz wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large
    > software integrator. My project team is working on a project that
    > applies TOGAF to SOA. Are you able to point me to online and offline
    > resources/trainings that can help our team get up to speed with SOA
    > features and building blocks, the TOGAF architecture development
    > method, and how to use TOGAF to create SOAs. I am also in charge of
    > implementing virtualisation and/or SaaS in our company.
    >
    > All the help that group members can provide in this regard is much
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Anaz

  3. Re: Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc.

    anaz wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large
    > software integrator. My project team is working on a project that
    > applies TOGAF to SOA. Are you able to point me to online and offline
    > resources/trainings that can help our team get up to speed with SOA
    > features and building blocks, the TOGAF architecture development
    > method, and how to use TOGAF to create SOAs. I am also in charge of
    > implementing virtualisation and/or SaaS in our company.
    >
    > All the help that group members can provide in this regard is much
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Anaz

    What is your specific OpenVMS question ?

  4. Re: Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc.

    On Aug 21, 7:04*am, Jan-Erik Söderholm
    wrote:
    > What is your specific OpenVMS question ?- Hide quoted text -

    Jan-Erik,

    It's just spam. The same pair of messages has been posted on other
    groups. The two user names (anaz and anil) point to the same e-mail
    address.

  5. Re: Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc.

    On Aug 21, 11:50*am, anaz wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large
    > implementing virtualisation and/or SaaS in our company.
    >
    > [blah...blah...blah]
    >
    > All the help that group members can provide in this regard is much
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Anaz

    We at AssCo has revolutionized the concept of media sourcing. Our
    technology takes the best aspects of ActionScript and SMIL. We have
    come to know that it is better to streamline holistically than to
    innovate perfectly. The subscriber communities factor can be summed up
    in one word: front-end. It comes off as fabulous, but it's true! Think
    virtual. Think innovative. Think ubiquitous. But don't think all three
    at the same time. We will syndicate the term "dynamic". What does the
    buzzword "deliverables" really mean? If you target virtually, you may
    have to innovate magnetically. Do you have a plan of action to become
    visionary? Our feature set is unparalleled, but our bricks-and-clicks
    infomediaries and newbie-proof use is invariably considered a
    remarkable achievement. Think micro-killer.

    See http://www.andrewdavidson.com/gibberish/ for more details!

    Regards,

    Sampsa

+ Reply to Thread