Copying name database in DECNet-Plus - VMS

This is a discussion on Copying name database in DECNet-Plus - VMS ; How does one go about copying the name database from another host in DECnet-Plus...

  1. Copying name database in DECNet-Plus

    How does one go about copying the name database from another host in
    DECnet-Plus

  2. Re: Copying name database in DECNet-Plus

    On Aug 16, 5:23*pm, samp...@gmail.com wrote:
    > How does one go about copying the name database from another host in
    > DECnet-Plus

    Use RUN SYS$SYSTEMECNET_REGISTER and use the export and import
    function.

    HTH,

    Bart Zorn

  3. Re: Copying name database in DECNet-Plus

    In article , sampsal@gmail.com writes:
    >How does one go about copying the name database from another host in
    >DECnet-Plus

    $ MCR DECNET_REGISTER

    notice, disclaimer and quotations.

  4. Re: Copying name database in DECNet-Plus

    On Aug 16, 7:09*pm, "Bart.Z...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > On Aug 16, 5:23*pm, samp...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > How does one go about copying the name database from another host in
    > > DECnet-Plus

    > Use RUN SYS$SYSTEMECNET_REGISTER and use the export and import
    > function.

    That seems to offer to import a text file - how do I get this data off
    the other host a la COPY KNOWN NODES in PhaseIV?

    Sampsa

  5. Re: Copying name database in DECNet-Plus

    In article ,
    sampsal@gmail.com wrote:
    >On Aug 16, 7:09*pm, "Bart.Z...@gmail.com" wrote:
    >> Use RUN SYS$SYSTEMECNET_REGISTER and use the export and import
    >> function.

    >That seems to offer to import a text file - how do I get this data off
    >the other host a la COPY KNOWN NODES in PhaseIV?
    >
    >Sampsa

    You must export the data to a text file on the "source" node, and then import
    the text file on the "target" node.

  6. Re: Copying name database in DECNet-Plus

    On Aug 16, 9:13*pm, B...@rabbit.turquoisewitch.com (Brad Hamilton)
    wrote:
    > You must export the data to a text file on the "source" node, and then import
    > the text file on the "target" node.

    Ok, that's what I thought. I downgraded to PhaseIV anyway since it
    seems to work better with the other machines on the network (not under
    my control so no chance to extract the database), and the COPY KNOWN
    NODES functionality is quite convenient.

    Sampsa

+ Reply to Thread