FTP to Windows Server Hangs - VMS

This is a discussion on FTP to Windows Server Hangs - VMS ; While using Multinet version 5.2 FTP (OpenVMS 8.3), we FTP to a Windows 2003 server, log in and can do a few directory commands successfully but then the session just hangs. We've tried connecting to multiple Windows 2003 servers and ...

  1. FTP to Windows Server Hangs

    While using Multinet version 5.2 FTP (OpenVMS 8.3), we FTP to a Windows
    2003 server, log in and can do a few directory commands successfully but
    then the session just hangs. We've tried connecting to multiple Windows
    2003 servers and have the same results. Anyone had this experience?

    --
    Dayna Duncan
    Assistant Director

    Confidentiality Notice: This email message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this email is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediatel
    y by phone or email and destroy the original message without making a copy.

  2. RE: FTP to Windows Server Hangs

    Are there any firewalls/NAT devices in the path that could be breaking
    the connection?
    Passive or non-passive data (directory) transfers?

    Try looking at a TCPDUMP of the session.