I am investigating the possibility of running two versions of PMDF
within s single cluster. The reason is to ease in a new version in a
rolling upgrade rather than change everything at the same time.

The following logicals are already defined to point at locations outside
the PMDF_ROOT tree:

PMDF_QUEUE
PMDF_QUEUE_CACHE_DATABASE
PMDF_LOG
PMDF_TMP

I would imagine the config file, mapping file and alias file would also
need to be moved to avoid messy synchronizations in configuration
changes. I expect to have to do separate compiles for each one
(multiple PMDF_CONFIG_DATA files).

The main concern is to do with communication across the cluster, mainly
locking stuff. Is there anything there that would mean say a 6.2-1 and
6.3 (or 6.3 & 6.4) PMDF machine should not be clustered with a common
set of queue files ?

Tom Wade | EMail: tee dot wade at eurokom dot ie
EuroKom | Tel: +353 (1) 296-9696
A2, Nutgrove Office Park | Fax: +353 (1) 296-9697
Rathfarnham | Disclaimer: This is not a disclaimer
Dublin 14 | Tip: "Friends don't let friends do Unix !"
Ireland