Re: DS10L clock battery question - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: DS10L clock battery question - VMS ; From: JF Mezei > Because the clock/battery are supposedly integrated into a single chip > on the DS10 (non replaceable if I recall), it becomes hard to know where > to stick probes in to see if power is being ...

  1. Re: DS10L clock battery question

    From: JF Mezei

    > Because the clock/battery are supposedly integrated into a single chip
    > on the DS10 (non replaceable if I recall), it becomes hard to know where
    > to stick probes in to see if power is being applied or not.

    Oh. It's one of those. I was imagining that it had a coin cell,
    like the XP1000.

    SMS.

  2. Re: DS10L clock battery question

    Slightly related question:

    With a DS10L with the power switch physically pressed in, but with the
    RMC having issued a "POWER OFF":

    If there is a power failure, upon power returning, the unit will fully
    power on and boot.

    I can edit the SRM "nvram" script to change from autoboot to "halt" so
    it remains at the chevron. (remember to stand back when chevron 7 is
    encoded).

    Anyone know if there is a way to tell the RMC to not power on the unit
    when power is first applied ?

    If the SHUTDOWN.COM "POWER OFF" option does not work on the DS10L, does
    this mean that there is absolutely no way to power the unit off via
    software ?

+ Reply to Thread