Rdb v1.0 launch date - VMS

This is a discussion on Rdb v1.0 launch date - VMS ; Does anybody recollect when Rdb v1.0 was launched? There was press today about DB2's 25th annivesary and how Oracle and Ingres beat it to market. http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=208403005...

  1. Rdb v1.0 launch date

    Does anybody recollect when Rdb v1.0 was launched?

    There was press today about DB2's 25th annivesary and how Oracle and Ingres
    beat it to market.

  2. Re: Rdb v1.0 launch date

    On Jun 10, 3:20 pm, "John Smith" wrote:
    > Does anybody recollect when Rdb v1.0 was launched?
    >
    > There was press today about DB2's 25th annivesary and how Oracle and Ingres
    > beat it to market.
    >
    > http://www.informationweek.com/news/...pps/showArticl...

    My copy of the "Rdb/VMS, A Comprehensive Guide" has this in the
    preface:

    "Digital announced Rdb/VMS in 1984 as a relational database for its
    proprietary VAX/VMS operating system. The early versions of the Rdb/
    VMS system enjoyed limited success. With Version 3.0, however, Rdb/
    VMS emerged as a relational database management system that could be
    used in high-performance transaction-processing systems running on
    Digital's popular VAXclusters."

  3. Re: Rdb v1.0 launch date

    >>The early versions of the Rdb/
    >>VMS system enjoyed limited success.

    With respect to all the guys and girls involved, I love phrases like
    that....

+ Reply to Thread