Enterprise bragging rights - VMS

This is a discussion on Enterprise bragging rights - VMS ; For those of you who think that VMS has a lot of "enterprise" bragging rights.. http://www.vaxination.ca/wwdc_1.jpg Looks like Apple isn't affraid to discuss with whom is it working in terms of features for its software. And when you consider some ...

  1. Enterprise bragging rights

    For those of you who think that VMS has a lot of "enterprise" bragging
    rights..

    http://www.vaxination.ca/wwdc_1.jpg

    Looks like Apple isn't affraid to discuss with whom is it working in
    terms of features for its software.

    And when you consider some of the features they are delivering:

    http://www.vaxination.ca/wwdc_2.jpg

    That is a lot of new stuff **** FOR A PHONE ****

    Am not even yet to the OS-X section of the keynote.

    Meanwhile, VMS is left with "what happens in bootcamp stays in bootcamp"
    and rumours that the USA military still have a few VMS boxes left.

    Imagine is Sue had been allowed to tape the keynote at bootcamp and
    publish it on the VMS web site (hopefully in a non-microsoft format).

    (more to come)

  2. Re: Enterprise bragging rights

    OK, this is just too good to pass up:

    Jobs presented an "enterprise" video showing various corporations
    adopting the iphone as enterprise mobile platform. Can you guess who was
    one of those "corporations" that was interviewed ?

    Yes sir, the USA military agreed to be on video and discuss its use of
    the iphone, especially its security features.

    So to those who say that nobody could get the military to go on video to
    brag about VMS, I guess Apple shows that when there is a will, there is
    a way.

  3. Re: Enterprise bragging rights

    In article <484ddbef$0$12298$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>, JF Mezei writes:
    > For those of you who think that VMS has a lot of "enterprise" bragging
    > rights..
    >
    > http://www.vaxination.ca/wwdc_1.jpg
    >
    > Looks like Apple isn't affraid to discuss with whom is it working in
    > terms of features for its software.

    Hm. Most vendors have gone to Windows CE on their PDAs and phones.
    Somehow I don't think Apple is a Windows vendor, but does iPhone run
    an OS based on Darwin, or some other base?

    For that matter, what kernel does iPod use?

  4. Re: Enterprise bragging rights

    iPhone uses OS X

    "Bob Koehler" wrote in message
    > In article <484ddbef$0$12298$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>, JF Mezei
    > writes:
    >> For those of you who think that VMS has a lot of "enterprise" bragging
    >> rights..
    >>
    >> http://www.vaxination.ca/wwdc_1.jpg
    >>
    >> Looks like Apple isn't affraid to discuss with whom is it working in
    >> terms of features for its software.
    >>

    > Hm. Most vendors have gone to Windows CE on their PDAs and phones.
    > Somehow I don't think Apple is a Windows vendor, but does iPhone run
    > an OS based on Darwin, or some other base?
    >
    > For that matter, what kernel does iPod use?

+ Reply to Thread