Re: You're not being the ball Danny. (Was: OpenVMS Boot Camp Update) - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: You're not being the ball Danny. (Was: OpenVMS Boot Camp Update) - VMS ; On Jun 7, 9:29*am, "William Webb" wrote: > On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Richard Maher > wrote: > We sent people because we're migrating [large number, > 150] > Alphaservers to Integrity, and getting "face time" (long ...

  1. Re: You're not being the ball Danny. (Was: OpenVMS Boot Camp Update)

    On Jun 7, 9:29*am, "William Webb" wrote:
    > On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Richard Maher
    > wrote:

    > We sent people because we're migrating [large number, > 150]
    > Alphaservers to Integrity, and getting "face time" (long pause while
    > all those for whom English is not their first language surf for the
    > online dictionary of American English colloquialisms)

    Hi William, super meeting you again at the bootcamp!

    Here is cute, not always polotically correct, resource for
    colloquialism:

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=face+time

    > Just as the best teachers can be more fascinating when they go
    > off-topic from the courses they are teaching, bits of knowledge that
    > are discussed *outside* the sessions are often just as valuable as
    > what is conveyed inside of the sessions.

    Yes.

    > and if you had been there, you could have contributed your input as well.

    And it would have been welcomed, especially if he'd leave the axes he
    has to grind at the door.

    Richard has some tremendous ideas and enthousiasm, but his
    presentation skills totally suck (and that's putting it mildly :-).
    This year might have been less fun though, as his friend John A was
    not there for a nice debate over a beer or two.

    pos>> Do you think that HP charge them nothing for the stands.

    Correct. HP does not charge them, nor pays them. Free lunch!

    Cheers,
    Hein ( bait-ball stalker )

  2. Re: You're not being the ball Danny. (Was: OpenVMS Boot Camp Update)

    >>Correct. HP does not charge them, nor pays them. >>Free lunch!

    Uh? HP were interested in a presentation I gave to HP User Group on
    migrating Alpha to Itanium using the ECP Planner tools. I was told to cough
    up the air fare, hotel (fine, I do live in the UK) and the fee for bootcamp
    if I wanted to present.

    And I am one of the
    >>Independant Contractors/Consultants touting for work any chance they can
    >>get'

    Has the Sheraton improved in anyway at all since I was there before, by the
    way or does it still resemble Hitler's Bunker?

    pos

  3. Re: You're not being the ball Danny. (Was: OpenVMS Boot Camp Update)

    In article <484bc4d5$1_3@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>, "pos" writes:
    >>>Correct. HP does not charge them, nor pays them. >>Free lunch!

    >Uh? HP were interested in a presentation I gave to HP User Group on
    >migrating Alpha to Itanium using the ECP Planner tools. I was told to cough
    >up the air fare, hotel (fine, I do live in the UK) and the fee for bootcamp
    >if I wanted to present.
    >
    >And I am one of the
    >>>Independant Contractors/Consultants touting for work any chance they can
    >>>get'

    >Has the Sheraton improved in anyway at all since I was there before, by the
    >way or does it still resemble Hitler's Bunker?

    Hitler's Bunker? Hmm... save for the coffee and Guinness stains on my T-
    shirts, I didn't notice and brown shirts goose-stepping about the hotel.

    No, it's been improved to appeal to Brits like you. It now resembles the
    Pontins accommodations such as those in Brean Sands, Somerset. Hi-de-Hi!
    You'll just love it but be sure to stock up on electric metre cards when
    you arrive to insure that the lights don't go out on you while you're in
    taking your 30 seconds of rationed water shower. The grounds about the
    Sheraton are not as full of duck **** as at Pontins, which may leave you
    pining for home, but I'd wager that that could be addressed by having you
    visit the area around the non-paged pool.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  4. Re: You're not being the ball Danny. (Was: OpenVMS Boot Camp Update)

    On Jun 8, 7:39*am, "pos" wrote:

    Pos> Do you think that HP charge them nothing for the stands.
    Hein> >>Correct. HP does not charge them, nor pays them. >>Free lunch!
    >
    > Uh? ...I was told to cough up the air fare, hotel...

    Ah yes.
    While HP does not charge for the stands,
    as a vendor there certainly is a significant cost involved.
    As I happen to live in Nashua, I conveniently forgot about travel and
    lodging costs. Sorry.

    > Has the Sheraton improved in anyway at all since I was there before,

    It now is a Radison. So all must be well. :-).
    Some of my friends from Europe called it 'the platic castle'
    capturiing the fakeness of it all.

    Cheers,
    Hein.

  5. Re: You're not being the ball Danny. (Was: OpenVMS Boot Camp Update)

    > No, it's been improved to appeal to Brits like you. It now resembles the
    > Pontins accommodations such as those in Brean Sands, Somerset. Hi-de-Hi!
    > You'll just love it but be sure to stock up on electric metre cards when
    > you arrive to insure that the lights don't go out on you while you're in
    > taking your 30 seconds of rationed water shower. The grounds about the
    > Sheraton are not as full of duck **** as at Pontins, which may leave you
    > pining for home, but I'd wager that that could be addressed by having you
    > visit the area around the non-paged pool.

    MCR SYSGEN SET POOLCHECK 1

  6. Re: You're not being the ball Danny. (Was: OpenVMS Boot Camp Update)

    In article <484d3410_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>, "pos" writes:

    >> No, it's been improved to appeal to Brits like you. It now resembles the
    >> Pontins accommodations such as those in Brean Sands, Somerset. Hi-de-Hi!
    >> You'll just love it but be sure to stock up on electric metre cards when
    >> you arrive to insure that the lights don't go out on you while you're in
    >> taking your 30 seconds of rationed water shower. The grounds about the
    >> Sheraton are not as full of duck **** as at Pontins, which may leave you
    >> pining for home, but I'd wager that that could be addressed by having you
    >> visit the area around the non-paged pool.

    >MCR SYSGEN SET POOLCHECK 1

    LOL!

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

+ Reply to Thread