ssh2 hostkeys what directory? - VMS

This is a discussion on ssh2 hostkeys what directory? - VMS ; I'm trying to share hostkeys between all cluster members so that ssh connection doesn't complain about changed keys in the event of ip failover. In the process I realised there are several ssh2 directories with hostkeys. They even appear in ...

  1. ssh2 hostkeys what directory?

    I'm trying to share hostkeys between all cluster members
    so that ssh connection doesn't complain about changed
    keys in the event of ip failover.

    In the process I realised there are several ssh2
    directories with hostkeys. They even appear in small
    and capital letters for some reason, see below.

    Why do I need to have ssh2 directories under SYS$SPECIFIC
    and under TCPIP$SSH?

    It appears that enabling and starting ssh server via
    TCPIP$CONFIG.COM put the files under SYS$SYSDEVICE:[TCPIP$SSH.SSH2]
    So what program places the keys under SYS$SPECIFIC?

    many thanks
    anton

    $ dir [*...]hostkeys.dir

    Directory SYS$SYSDEVICE:[SYS0.SYSMGR.ssh2]

    hostkeys.DIR;1

    Total of 1 file.

    Directory SYS$SYSDEVICE:[SYS1.SYSMGR.ssh2]

    hostkeys.DIR;1

    Total of 1 file.

    Directory SYS$SYSDEVICE:[TCPIP$SSH.SSH2]

    HOSTKEYS.DIR;1

    Total of 1 file.

    Grand total of 3 directories, 3 files.
    $

    --
    Anton Shterenlikht
    Room 2.6, Queen's Building

  2. Re: ssh2 hostkeys what directory?

    On Jun 5, 11:09 am, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
    > I'm trying to share hostkeys between all cluster members
    > so that ssh connection doesn't complain about changed
    > keys in the event of ip failover.
    >
    > In the process I realised there are several ssh2
    > directories with hostkeys. They even appear in small
    > and capital letters for some reason, see below.
    >
    > Why do I need to have ssh2 directories under SYS$SPECIFIC
    > and under TCPIP$SSH?
    >
    > It appears that enabling and starting ssh server via
    > TCPIP$CONFIG.COM put the files under SYS$SYSDEVICE:[TCPIP$SSH.SSH2]
    > So what program places the keys under SYS$SPECIFIC?
    >
    > many thanks
    > anton
    >
    > $ dir [*...]hostkeys.dir
    >
    > Directory SYS$SYSDEVICE:[SYS0.SYSMGR.ssh2]
    >
    > hostkeys.DIR;1
    >
    > Total of 1 file.
    >
    > Directory SYS$SYSDEVICE:[SYS1.SYSMGR.ssh2]
    >
    > hostkeys.DIR;1
    >
    > Total of 1 file.
    >
    > Directory SYS$SYSDEVICE:[TCPIP$SSH.SSH2]
    >
    > HOSTKEYS.DIR;1
    >
    > Total of 1 file.
    >
    > Grand total of 3 directories, 3 files.
    > $
    >
    > --
    > Anton Shterenlikht
    > Room 2.6, Queen's Building
    > Mech Eng Dept
    > Bristol University
    > University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TR, UK
    > Tel: +44 (0)117 928 8233
    > Fax: +44 (0)117 929 4423

    Place the generated pair in the disk:[username.ssh2] directory.

+ Reply to Thread