A new Zip public "BETA" source kit, version 3.0h, should now be
available in the usual places:

ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/beta/
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=118012

Other than some minor pending documentation changes, this should be
essentially similar to the long-awaited actual Zip 3.0 release, which
could appear pretty soon. It would be best to find any remaining
serious, ghastly, or fatal problems quickly, so test it if you dare, and
complain promptly if you care.

UnZip 6.0 is lagging Zip 3.0, but another public "BETA" source kit
for it (version 6.00e) should appear fairly soon. (If the currently
available 6.00d kit lets you down, let me know and I'll see if I can pry
loose a pre-pre-release internal 6.00eXX kit.)

Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-info
382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
Saint Paul MN 55105-2547