Need an external CD/DVD writer for DS10. - VMS

This is a discussion on Need an external CD/DVD writer for DS10. - VMS ; We have a DS10 running 7.2.1. Any suggestions for a compatible CD/ DVD writer? Need an external one with an SCSI connector....

  1. Need an external CD/DVD writer for DS10.

    We have a DS10 running 7.2.1. Any suggestions for a compatible CD/
    DVD writer?

    Need an external one with an SCSI connector.

  2. Re: Need an external CD/DVD writer for DS10.

    On 3 Jun, 15:05, tadamsmar wrote:
    > We have a DS10 running 7.2.1. Any suggestions for a compatible CD/
    > DVD writer?
    >
    > Need an external one with an SCSI connector.

    Isn't that a bit like "I've got this PC running Windows 95 and I want
    to connect a digital camera to it"?

    Look for something from Yamaha or Plextor and hope. See also
    http://64.223.189.234/labsnotes/open...g_20070306.pdf
    http://64.223.189.234/node/12

  3. Re: Need an external CD/DVD writer for DS10.

    In article <8b386066-cc79-4d0e-a0da-1e247a8faf92@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, tadamsmar writes:
    >We have a DS10 running 7.2.1. Any suggestions for a compatible CD/
    >DVD writer?
    >
    >Need an external one with an SCSI connector.

    I have a YAMAHA CRW2200S CD writer (old). It was ATAPI which came with a
    SCSI to ATAPI adapter. I would wager a bet that you'll not find an actual
    SCSI CD/DVD writer. You may need to use an ATAPI with a converter.

    Find out what HP is shipping with their Itanium servers. These *may* also
    function on the Alpha with the ATAPI/SCSI converter.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  4. Re: Need an external CD/DVD writer for DS10.

    I've successfully used an old HP 9600 series SCSI CD-RW drive with a DS10
    and OpenVMS V7.3-2 and the CDRECORD s/w.

    I have two such drives lying around doing nothing useful. Yours if you want
    to collect one and give it a go. YMMV (especially if you're not in the UK!).
    Contact me offline if you're interested.

    --
    Cheers, Colin.
    Legacy = Stuff that works properly!

+ Reply to Thread