lexical for terminal attributes? - VMS

This is a discussion on lexical for terminal attributes? - VMS ; In article , =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= writes: > > >VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote: >> In article , =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= writes: >>> Another good candidate for not working in a terminal emulator >>> is loading soft character sets. >> >> Yup. Are there any that ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: lexical for terminal attributes?

    In article <4752d663$0$90272$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= writes:

    >VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    >> In article <47523574$0$90262$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= writes:
    >>> Another good candidate for not working in a terminal emulator
    >>> is loading soft character sets.

    >> Yup. Are there any that support it? I don't believe so. I know of one
    >> company in Europe that would *LOVE* to have soft character sets function
    >> with the terminal emulators in use.

    >It seems to work with Reflection.
    >
    >I have two soft fonts and they are displayed on Reflection. I do not
    >have a real VT anymore, so I can not compare the visual. But they
    >look similar to how I remember them.

    Can you post back here with the version of Reflection you are using?
    Perhaps this site doesn't have the proper version.

    I'd love to check whatever version you are running against me validation
    suite too. Of course, no Weendoze here so I'd need to find someone with
    a PeeCee and your version of Reflection.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  2. Re: lexical for terminal attributes?

    VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    > In article <4752d663$0$90272$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= writes:
    >> VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    >>> Yup. Are there any that support it? I don't believe so. I know of one
    >>> company in Europe that would *LOVE* to have soft character sets function
    >>> with the terminal emulators in use.

    >> It seems to work with Reflection.
    >>
    >> I have two soft fonts and they are displayed on Reflection. I do not
    >> have a real VT anymore, so I can not compare the visual. But they
    >> look similar to how I remember them.

    > Can you post back here with the version of Reflection you are using?
    > Perhaps this site doesn't have the proper version.
    >
    > I'd love to check whatever version you are running against me validation
    > suite too. Of course, no Weendoze here so I'd need to find someone with
    > a PeeCee and your version of Reflection.

    "WRQ Reflection for UNIX and Digital Version 10.0" it says.

    Arne

  3. Re: lexical for terminal attributes?

    Arne Vajh°j wrote:
    > Another good candidate for not working in a terminal emulator
    > is loading soft character sets.

    I've thought about doing it in xterm, but aside from the intellectual
    challenge (of making it efficient, etc), there doesn't seem to be much
    point in it.

    --
    Thomas E. Dickey
    http://invisible-island.net

  4. Re: lexical for terminal attributes?

    Thomas Dickey wrote:
    > Arne Vajh°j wrote:
    >> Another good candidate for not working in a terminal emulator
    >> is loading soft character sets.

    > I've thought about doing it in xterm, but aside from the intellectual
    > challenge (of making it efficient, etc), there doesn't seem to be much
    > point in it.

    If you see Brians post, then he apparently do have use for
    it.

    But not many have. If they had, then it would have been
    implemented everywhere.

    Arne

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2