Guidance with OpenVMS IA64 8.3 with Java 1.5 Problems - VMS

This is a discussion on Guidance with OpenVMS IA64 8.3 with Java 1.5 Problems - VMS ; Richard B. Gilbert wrote: > Arne Vajh°j wrote: >> Richard B. Gilbert wrote: >>> Maybe HIS PC has that much RAM. Mine has 1GB which seems to be >>> sufficient. >> >> If you were to buy a new today ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Guidance with OpenVMS IA64 8.3 with Java 1.5 Problems

    Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    > Arne Vajh°j wrote:
    >> Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    >>> Maybe HIS PC has that much RAM. Mine has 1GB which seems to be
    >>> sufficient.

    >> If you were to buy a new today - how much RAM would that system have ?

    > If I were to buy a new PC today, I would call a friend who is a PC
    > wizard and ask him.

    That is probably what most people do.

    :-)

    > With W/XP 512 MB is enough and 1 GB is generous. I've never run Vista
    > and, God willing, never will!

    Eventually you will need to go Vista or switch to a non Windows OS.

    Arne

  2. Re: Guidance with OpenVMS IA64 8.3 with Java 1.5 Problems

    Arne Vajh°j wrote:
    > Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    >
    >> Arne Vajh°j wrote:

    >>> If you were to buy a new today - how much RAM would that system have ?

    >> If I were to buy a new PC today, I would call a friend who is a PC
    >> wizard and ask him.

    > That is probably what most people do.
    >
    > :-)
    >
    >> With W/XP 512 MB is enough and 1 GB is generous. I've never run Vista
    >> and, God willing, never will!

    > Eventually you will need to go Vista or switch to a non Windows OS.
    >
    > Arne

    Well, I already run Red Hat Linux, Solaris 8, 9, & 10, VMS/Alpha v7.1-2
    in addition to W/XP. With any luck either Vista or I will die before I
    HAVE to use it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2