OT: SCO files for chapter 11 bnkrupcy protection - VMS

This is a discussion on OT: SCO files for chapter 11 bnkrupcy protection - VMS ; http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9778778-39.html SCO having lost its big lawsuit against Novell has decided to file for chapter 11 bankrupcy protection before the judge decides on the financial penalties. This way, SCO is protected from having to pay Novell. This is not unexpected ...

  1. OT: SCO files for chapter 11 bnkrupcy protection

    http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9778778-39.html

    SCO having lost its big lawsuit against Novell has decided to file for
    chapter 11 bankrupcy protection before the judge decides on the
    financial penalties. This way, SCO is protected from having to pay Novell.

    This is not unexpected and I guess a bit welcome since SCO really had no
    business suing left and right.

    If VMS were allowed to be marketed, it might be able to benefit from
    this, adding stability despite constantly changing owners who don't want
    VMS :-)

  2. Re: OT: SCO files for chapter 11 bnkrupcy protection

    In article ,
    JF Mezei wrote:

    > http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9778778-39.html
    >
    > SCO having lost its big lawsuit against Novell has decided to file for
    > chapter 11 bankrupcy protection before the judge decides on the
    > financial penalties. This way, SCO is protected from having to pay Novell.
    >
    > This is not unexpected and I guess a bit welcome since SCO really had no
    > business suing left and right.

    The final paragraph at:

    "Thus, SCO has litigated itself into bankruptcy court, seeking
    protection under Chapter 11 from the probable outcomes it foresees from
    its own lawsuits."

    --
    Paul Sture

    Sue's OpenVMS bookmarks:

  3. Re: OT: SCO files for chapter 11 bnkrupcy protection

    In article , "P. Sture" writes:

    >In article ,
    > JF Mezei wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9778778-39.html
    >>
    >> SCO having lost its big lawsuit against Novell has decided to file for
    >> chapter 11 bankrupcy protection before the judge decides on the
    >> financial penalties. This way, SCO is protected from having to pay Novell.
    >>
    >> This is not unexpected and I guess a bit welcome since SCO really had no
    >> business suing left and right.
    >>

    >The final paragraph at:
    >

    >"Thus, SCO has litigated itself into bankruptcy court, seeking
    >protection under Chapter 11 from the probable outcomes it foresees from
    >its own lawsuits."

    It seems that only the sleaziest of organizations always want to litigate
    something regardless of the merits and the likelihood that they're likely
    to fail. What happens? They wind up proving to the public that they are
    the sleazy organizations that they are. When they can't make it on their
    own company merits, they litigate and try to blame all of their failures
    on some other -- usually innocent -- party. It sends chills of contempt
    up and down my spine!

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

+ Reply to Thread