Pearl from The Availability Digest - Integrity, VMS, TDMS - VMS

This is a discussion on Pearl from The Availability Digest - Integrity, VMS, TDMS - VMS ; Dear Newsgroup, It is truly my pleasure to provide this Pearl which focuses on Continuous Processing which is an area where OpenVMS excels. The Availability Digest is an on-line journal with the following mission statement: Continuous availability can be approached ...

  1. Pearl from The Availability Digest - Integrity, VMS, TDMS

    Dear Newsgroup,

    It is truly my pleasure to provide this Pearl which focuses on
    Continuous Processing which is an area where OpenVMS excels. The
    Availability Digest is an on-line journal with the following mission
    statement:

    Continuous availability can be approached by using active/active
    technology. The Availability Digest focuses on active/active
    technologies and other high availability approaches. It brings you the
    information you need to be successful with your quest for 100% uptime.
    The Digest includes case studies, horror stories, best practices,
    active/active issues, product reviews, recommended reading, and some
    mathematical nerd stuff.

    Home page: http://availabilitydigest.com/

    This week they had an OpenVMS specific article -
    QEI Provides Active/Active SCADA with OpenVMS

    http://www.availabilitydigest.com/pu...s/0209/qei.pdf

    This is a very detailed seven page article which I think you will
    enjoy.

    It has really been a busy week for good news and I apologize for so
    much mail.

    Warm

  2. Re: Pearl from The Availability Digest - Integrity, VMS, TDMS

    Sue wrote:
    > http://www.availabilitydigest.com/pu...s/0209/qei.pdf

    Many thanks. It is articles like those that gice us some hope for VMS.

  3. Re: Pearl from The Availability Digest - Integrity, VMS, TDMS

    > Home page:http://availabilitydigest.com/
    >
    > This week they had an OpenVMS specific article -
    > QEI Provides Active/Active SCADA with OpenVMS
    >
    > http://www.availabilitydigest.com/pu...s/0209/qei.pdf

    Fine article. Nicely showing the PDP-VAX-ALPHA-IPF succes story.

    I do find the 'TDMS' in the subject line highly misleadng though,
    as that turns out to be the customers software, not the screen manager
    many of us will have expected.

    fwiw,
    Hein

+ Reply to Thread