Re: Here's one for Bob (hope it makes your head spin) - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Here's one for Bob (hope it makes your head spin) - VMS ; Hello, VAXman wrote: >>> >> Christians have sillinesses in the doctrine of their testament too. >> My fave sillinesses evolve around those of the L. Ron doctrines. I > >Are you confabulating Christianity and Scientoloty? Or am I >misinterpreting what ...

  1. Re: Here's one for Bob (hope it makes your head spin)

    Hello,

    VAXman wrote:

    >> Christians have sillinesses in the doctrine of their testament too.
    >> My fave sillinesses evolve around those of the L. Ron doctrines. I

    >Are you confabulating Christianity and Scientoloty? Or am I
    >misinterpreting what you wrote?

    Just mentioning all the sillinesses in so called 'religions'.
    <<<

    To be a Christian is not to believe any religion, it is the living
    relationship to Jesus Christ. So the Bible is not a cook book to be a good
    man. Without Jesus Christ, you will be lost no matter what you are. You can
    be the best human of the world, but you don't have the life, the trueness
    and you don't know the way. Living as Christ is a personal relationship and
    we have to ask every moment, what would Jesus do. So you can't say if you do
    so, you are right. Jesus did go to the customer officer a criminal person.
    When Jesus was born, astrologer did visit him. Under the Jewish law the
    stand under death penalty. Astrology was a criminal sin. What did Jesus do
    with the adulteress. Did he stoning the woman? This was a religion law!!!
    You see, it is very different to live with a religion or in a personal
    relationship.

    Best regards Rudolf Wingert

  2. Re: Here's one for Bob (hope it makes your head spin)

    On 09/14/07 01:12, Rudolf Wingert wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > VAXman wrote:
    >
    >>> Christians have sillinesses in the doctrine of their testament too.
    >>> My fave sillinesses evolve around those of the L. Ron doctrines. I

    >> Are you confabulating Christianity and Scientoloty? Or am I
    >> misinterpreting what you wrote?

    > Just mentioning all the sillinesses in so called 'religions'.
    > <<<
    >
    > To be a Christian is not to believe any religion, it is the living
    > relationship to Jesus Christ.

    However...

    No matter what else people may say to the contrary. humans *love*
    rules, regulations, *following*[0] and, most especially, *hierarchy*.

    That's why the RCC grew up around the "small groups" mentality that
    was early Christianity. Orthodoxy is probably just as hierarchical,
    and most Protestant sects are too, whether it's the more obvious
    pecking orders of the High Church, or the less obvious pecking
    orders (even if it's "only" at the single church level) of the Low
    Church.

    Thus, Christianity is, effectively, Religion.

    [0] The vast majority, anyway. There must be some leaders, after all.

    --
    Ron Johnson, Jr.
    Jefferson LA USA

  3. Re: Yet more religious drivel

    Rudolf Wingert wrote:
    > [...snipped religious drivel...]

    Please do not insult us with this nonsensical drivel.

    There are plenty of us who live wholesome lives without
    having to rely on superstition.

  4. Re: Here's one for Bob (hope it makes your head spin)

    On Sep 14, 2:12 am, "Rudolf Wingert" wrote:
    > Hello,

    [...snip...]

    > To be a Christian is not to believe any religion, it is the living
    > relationship to Jesus Christ. So the Bible is not a cook book to be a good
    > man. Without Jesus Christ, you will be lost no matter what you are. You can
    > be the best human of the world, but you don't have the life, the trueness
    > and you don't know the way. Living as Christ is a personal relationship and
    > we have to ask every moment, what would Jesus do. So you can't say if you do
    > so, you are right. Jesus did go to the customer officer a criminal person.
    > When Jesus was born, astrologer did visit him. Under the Jewish law the
    > stand under death penalty. Astrology was a criminal sin. What did Jesus do
    > with the adulteress. Did he stoning the woman? This was a religion law!!!
    > You see, it is very different to live with a religion or in a personal
    > relationship.

    Like everything else in the world, fundamentalism is the
    oversimplification of any topic. There are all kinds of Christians and
    not all implementations of that concept reflect your narrow view.

    Early Christians believed that Jesus was adopted by God during baptism
    by John the Baptist. Since then others have pushed the view that God
    was involved in some sort of congress with Humans (reminds me of
    Olympian myths like Hercules). Which one is correct? No one knows but
    consider the following point:

    How can humans come close to the living a life like Jesus if he is God
    (or son of God)? On the flip side, humanity has a better chance of
    living a Christ-like life if he started out like one of us.

    But both camps still have lots in common: Olivet Prophesies, Sermon on
    the Mount, Lord's Prayer, etc.

    NSR

+ Reply to Thread