Re: despair - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: despair - VMS ; From: "David P. Murphy" > Real code at the beginning of the "daily backup" batch job: > [...] > I have lost what little faith in humanity remained in me. Some people see problems, others see opportunities. You probably just ...

  1. Re: despair

    From: "David P. Murphy"

    > Real code at the beginning of the "daily backup" batch job:
    > [...]
    > I have lost what little faith in humanity remained in me.

    Some people see problems, others see opportunities. You probably
    just lack motivation. For appropriate help, visit "http://despair.com".

    Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org
    382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
    Saint Paul MN 55105-2547

  2. Re: despair

    In article <07091317292759_20200296@antinode.org>, sms@antinode.org (Steven M. Schweda) writes:

    >From: "David P. Murphy"
    >
    >> Real code at the beginning of the "daily backup" batch job:
    >> [...]
    >> I have lost what little faith in humanity remained in me.

    > Some people see problems, others see opportunities. You probably
    >just lack motivation. For appropriate help, visit "http://despair.com".

    What my good friend David needs is a motivational poster to hang on his
    cubicle wall. I'd suggest this one: http://tmesis.com/motivation.jpg

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  3. Re: despair

    Hi Brian,

    > What my good friend David needs is a motivational poster to hang on his
    > cubicle wall. I'd suggest this one: http://tmesis.com/motivation.jpg

    Ah yes the ol' [HTTP 404] Let's win one for The Gipper :-)

    Cheers Richard Maher

    (Steven M. Schweda) writes:

    > >From: "David P. Murphy"
    > >
    > >> Real code at the beginning of the "daily backup" batch job:
    > >> [...]
    > >> I have lost what little faith in humanity remained in me.

    > > Some people see problems, others see opportunities. You probably
    > >just lack motivation. For appropriate help, visit "http://despair.com".

    > What my good friend David needs is a motivational poster to hang on his
    > cubicle wall. I'd suggest this one: http://tmesis.com/motivation.jpg
    >
    > --
    > VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker

    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

    > "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"
    >
    > http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  4. Re: despair

    In article , "Richard Maher" writes:

    >Hi Brian,
    >
    >> What my good friend David needs is a motivational poster to hang on his
    >> cubicle wall. I'd suggest this one: http://tmesis.com/motivation.jpg

    >Ah yes the ol' [HTTP 404] Let's win one for The Gipper :-)

    Damn... typos today... try http://tmesis.com/motivator.jpg

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  5. Re: despair

    In article , VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:

    >In article <07091317292759_20200296@antinode.org>, sms@antinode.org (Steven M. Schweda) writes:
    >>

    >>From: "David P. Murphy"
    >>
    >>> Real code at the beginning of the "daily backup" batch job:
    >>> [...]
    >>> I have lost what little faith in humanity remained in me.

    >> Some people see problems, others see opportunities. You probably
    >>just lack motivation. For appropriate help, visit "http://despair.com".

    >What my good friend David needs is a motivational poster to hang on his
    >cubicle wall. I'd suggest this one: http://tmesis.com/motivation.jpg

    http://tmesis.com/motivator.jpg

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  6. Re: despair

    VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    > Damn... typos today... try http://tmesis.com/motivator.jpg

    Do you realise that HP may start to display this poster in all its
    offices as part of its official policy on motivation ? ?

    Remember that they got rid of its original high quality business (now
    Agilent) so they could focus on being mediocre ( aka: excel at Windows)
    so to them, that poster is an inspiration !

  7. Re: despair

    VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

    > http://tmesis.com/motivator.jpg

    Wouldn't $RENAME motivator.jpg motivation.jpg have done the trick
    without having you to post a correction twice ?

    Wouldn't $RENAME motivator.jpg motivation.jpg have done the trick
    without having you to post a correction twice ?

  8. Re: despair

    VAXman- wrote:
    > In article <07091317292759_20200296@antinode.org>, sms@antinode.org (Steven M. Schweda) writes:
    >

    >>From: "David P. Murphy"
    >>
    >>>Real code at the beginning of the "daily backup" batch job:
    >>>[...]
    >>>I have lost what little faith in humanity remained in me.

    >> Some people see problems, others see opportunities. You probably
    >>just lack motivation. For appropriate help, visit "http://despair.com".

    > What my good friend David needs is a motivational poster to hang on his
    > cubicle wall. I'd suggest this one: http://tmesis.com/motivation.jpg

    I just tried to view that page and got:
    "-ERROR-(404): i/o error
    Requested method: GET
    Requested URL: /motivation.jpg
    HTTP protocol: HTTP/1.1

    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, compress;q=0.9
    Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1, utf-8;q=0.66, *;q=0.66
    Keep-Alive: 300
    Connection: keep-alive"

  9. Re: despair

    VAXman- wrote:
    > In article , "Richard Maher" writes:
    >

    >>Hi Brian,
    >>

    >>>What my good friend David needs is a motivational poster to hang on his
    >>>cubicle wall. I'd suggest this one: http://tmesis.com/motivation.jpg

    >>Ah yes the ol' [HTTP 404] Let's win one for The Gipper :-)

    > Damn... typos today... try http://tmesis.com/motivator.jpg

    I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!

  10. Re: despair

    On 09/13/07 19:07, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    > In article , "Richard Maher" writes:
    >>
    >> Hi Brian,
    >>
    >>> What my good friend David needs is a motivational poster to hang on his
    >>> cubicle wall. I'd suggest this one: http://tmesis.com/motivation.jpg

    >> Ah yes the ol' [HTTP 404] Let's win one for The Gipper :-)

    > Damn... typos today... try http://tmesis.com/motivator.jpg

    I'm still getting

    -ERROR-(404): i/o error
    Requested method: GET