Itanium: determine object file main or sub - VMS

This is a discussion on Itanium: determine object file main or sub - VMS ; Integrity/Itanium: Does anybody know how to determine from an object file whether it is a main module or a sub module? On the Alpha, the output of analyze/object contained data about a transfer address and made it possible to distinguish ...

  1. Itanium: determine object file main or sub

    Integrity/Itanium: Does anybody know how to determine from an object
    file whether it is a main module or a sub module? On the Alpha, the
    output of analyze/object contained data about a transfer address and
    made it possible to distinguish that.

  2. Re: Itanium: determine object file main or sub

    dreherthomi wrote:
    > Integrity/Itanium: Does anybody know how to determine from an object
    > file whether it is a main module or a sub module? On the Alpha, the
    > output of analyze/object contained data about a transfer address and
    > made it possible to distinguish that.

    Look for a symbol named ELF$TFRADR in the symbol table. However, note
    that languages like C and COBOL put weak transfer addresses in just
    about every object they generate. It is the linker that picks the
    ultimate transfer address.

    $ pipe anal/obj/section=symtab conf001.obj | search sys$input ELF$TFRADR

    --
    John Reagan
    OpenVMS Pascal/Macro-32/COBOL Project Leader

  3. Re: Itanium: determine object file main or sub

    Thank You for your reply, John, that was what I needed.

+ Reply to Thread