Re: Exporting data tied up in a VAX/VMS system - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Exporting data tied up in a VAX/VMS system - VMS ; bill@triangle.cs.uofs.edu wrote on 08/31/2007 12:50:10 PM: > In article , > John Santos writes: > > Tom Linden wrote: > >> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 06:10:07 -0700, Bob Koehler > >> wrote: > >> > >>> In article , ...

  1. Re: Exporting data tied up in a VAX/VMS system

    bill@triangle.cs.uofs.edu wrote on 08/31/2007 12:50:10 PM:

    > In article ,
    > John Santos writes:
    > > Tom Linden wrote:

    reply

    > >> Don't think so.
    > >>

    > > Everything looked properly threaded to me (Mozilla on VMS).

    > I have put up a graphical representation of the thread as it exists
    > now on my web page (generated by my newsreader).
    > http://www.cs.uofs.edu/~bill/Thread.jpg
    >
    > If you look you will see that Norm's messages are "threaded" by the
    > subject, but not included within the thread it self each one starting
    > a new thread within this subject. For whatever reason, the References:
    > header has been removed thus making the message part of the subject
    > line but not threaded based on it's references to other messages but
    > merely by the date/time it was posted. I will leave it to others to
    > determine how to fix this as I do not even know what he is using to
    > read/post news. I suspect he is doing it thru Info-VAX and I have no
    > idea how that might affect what headers are preserved and which are
    > lost.
    >
    > bill
    > (Who has been administering real News Sites since we did this using

    UUCP.)

    I remain ready to relay any explanation to our NotesMail support, if and
    when anyone can demonstrate what is or is not happening that is
    repeatable.
    [SPR?]

    > --
    > Bill Gunshannon | de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n. Three

    wolves
    > bill@cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    > University of Scranton |
    > Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  2. Re: Exporting data tied up in a VAX/VMS system

    norm.raphael@metso.com wrote:

    > bill@triangle.cs.uofs.edu wrote on 08/31/2007 12:50:10 PM:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > John Santos writes:

    > reply

    > > > Everything looked properly threaded to me (Mozilla on VMS).

    > > I have put up a graphical representation of the thread as it exists
    > > now on my web page (generated by my newsreader).
    > > http://www.cs.uofs.edu/~bill/Thread.jpg
    > >
    > > If you look you will see that Norm's messages are "threaded" by the
    > > subject, but not included within the thread it self each one starting
    > > a new thread within this subject. For whatever reason, the References:
    > > header has been removed thus making the message part of the subject
    > > line but not threaded based on it's references to other messages but
    > > merely by the date/time it was posted. I will leave it to others to
    > > determine how to fix this as I do not even know what he is using to
    > > read/post news. I suspect he is doing it thru Info-VAX and I have no
    > > idea how that might affect what headers are preserved and which are
    > > lost.
    > >
    > > bill
    > > (Who has been administering real News Sites since we did this using

    > UUCP.)
    >
    > I remain ready to relay any explanation to our NotesMail support, if and
    > when anyone can demonstrate what is or is not happening that is repeatable.
    > [SPR?]
    >

    > > --
    > > Bill Gunshannon | de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n. Three

    > wolves
    > > bill@cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    > > University of Scranton |
    > > Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

    Norm,

    Do you have any idea why your messages always appear in 4 point type? I
    need a magnifying glass to read them in the original. I can, of course,
    ask Netscape to display a larger font size but it's a nuisance!

    Yours are the ONLY messages that appear this way!

  3. Re: Exporting data tied up in a VAX/VMS system

    In article ,
    norm.raphael@metso.com writes:

    > I remain ready to relay any explanation to our NotesMail support, if and
    > when anyone can demonstrate what is or is not happening that is
    > repeatable.
    > [SPR?]

    Well, you might ask them to stop stripping off the References: Header. :-)

    This one also does not have it and it , too, appears as the start of a
    new thread within this subject.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  4. Mozilla (was Re: Exporting data tied up in a VAX/VMS system)

    On 08/31/07 12:25, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    [snip]

    > Do you have any idea why your messages always appear in 4 point type? I
    > need a magnifying glass to read them in the original. I can, of course,
    > ask Netscape to display a larger font size but it's a nuisance!
    >
    > Yours are the ONLY messages that appear this way!

    You can *probably* tell Mozilla/Nutscrape to view these posts in
    plain text.

    However, you're using an *ancient* version 1.0.2 (Gecko/20021120
    Netscape/7.01), so it would probably behoove you to upgrade to it's
    successor SeaMonkey 1.1.4.

    Ron Johnson, Jr.
    Jefferson LA USA