RE: VMS License Plates - VMS

This is a discussion on RE: VMS License Plates - VMS ; On Sep 1, 6:52 pm, Kilgal...@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen) wrote: > In article , Doug Phillips writes: > > > VMS is a trademark. Here's link to the gov's trademark office and a > > list of active VMS trademarks. > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Copyrightability? (was Re: VMS License Plates)

    On Sep 1, 6:52 pm, Kilgal...@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen) wrote:
    > In article <1188678137.066910.264...@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups. com>, Doug Phillips writes:
    >
    > > VMS is a trademark. Here's link to the gov's trademark office and a
    > > list of active VMS trademarks.

    > >http://preview.tinyurl.com/2swfv2

    > That gives me a government page saying:
    >
    > This search session has expired. Please start a
    > search session again by clicking on the
    > TRADEMARK icon, if you wish to continue.

    You just never know what you're going to get when you click on a link,
    do ya?:-)

    Looks like the pages are just session-buffered and time out. Seems the
    search must be re-executed after a bit and the url won't do it.

    Anyway, if you click the TRADEMARK icon at the upper left, then click
    the "Search" link over in the right column you'll get the search
    engines. The Basic works, so just click that, and set your radio
    buttons the way you want. (I chose "Singular" and "Live")

    Key VMS into the Search Term box and you'll get to the search page I
    linked.

    Or, go the the US Patent and Trademark Office Homepage and start from
    there:

    http://www.uspto.gov

    Or, don't. I imagine you already know about this stuff anyway, but
    thanks for pointing this out.

  2. Re: VMS License Plates

    In article <8q6Ci.19183$Zk5.16187@newsfe23.lga>, Ron Johnson writes:
    >> http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/2002/0204rev.html

    > That's a copyright violation if I every heard one.

    DEC dropped the copyright on VMS sometime after they dubbed it Open
    and subsequent owners have let it go.

  3. Re: Copyrightability? (was Re: VMS License Plates)

    Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    > Ron Johnson wrote:
    >
    >> On 09/01/07 05:48, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

    Didn't Joel Snyder (author of the referenced article) used to write for
    the DEC Professional? He should certainly be familiar with VMS, with or
    with out the silent "Open", in that case.

    --
    John Santos
    Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.

+ Reply to Thread