HP TCP/IP for OpenVMS IPsec EAK - VMS

This is a discussion on HP TCP/IP for OpenVMS IPsec EAK - VMS ; Dear Newsgrou, Great news the TCP/IP team just sent mail that the IPsec Early Adopters Kit (EAK) is now available for download (Alpha and Integrity). Details are below Warm Regards, Sue ------------------------------------------------------ http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/pr...sec/index.html Announcing the HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS ...

  1. HP TCP/IP for OpenVMS IPsec EAK

    Dear Newsgrou,

    Great news the TCP/IP team just sent mail that the IPsec Early
    Adopters Kit (EAK) is now available for download (Alpha and
    Integrity). Details are below

    Warm Regards,
    Sue

    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/pr...sec/index.html

    Announcing the HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS IPsec T5.7 Early
    Adopters Kit (EAK) available

    IPsec functionality has been incorporated into and will be distributed
    as part of the HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS V5.7 release for
    Integrity and Alpha systems. The EAK is being delivered as a complete
    HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS T5.7 kit that includes an early version
    of the IPsec functionality. Below is a brief overview.

    HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS IPsec

    OpenVMS IPsec provides an infrastructure to allow secure
    communications
    (authentication, integrity, confidentiality) over IP-based
    networks
    between systems and devices that implement the IPsec protocol
    suite.
    OpenVMS IPsec offers protection against replay attacks, packet
    tampering, and spoofing -- and it keeps others from viewing
    critical
    data such as passwords and financial information sent over the
    Internet.

    Features and Benefits

    Some of the benefits of OpenVMS IPsec are:

    - Adheres to all relevant IPsec standards, including IKE (Internet
    Key Exchange) for automated key generation.

    - Allows secure tunnels between business partners to be set up and
    torn
    down quickly and easily

    - Easily adopted and transparent to existing applications.
    Protects
    the customer's investment.

    - Demonstrated multi-vendor interoperability (future)

    - Thwarts attacks by encrypting data transmitted between two
    authenticated servers

    - Host-based authentication:
    - preshared keys
    - Digital certificates (future)

    - Full stateful packet inspection firewall

    - Command line interface (CLI) for policy configuration:
    - ipsec_config configuration utility based on the HP-UX
    IPSec ipsec_config utility
    - profile file to provide default parameter values that can be
    modified by the user
    - flexible rule-based security attribute and access control
    policy configurations -- allows combinations of IP
    addresses,
    prefix lengths, ports, and protocols in specifying security
    attributes configuration and packet filtering
    - dynamic configuration and batch mode for bulk configuration

    - Focused on end-system IPsec. OpenVMS IPsec can communicate with
    other end-systems (transport mode) or VPN gateways (tunnel
    mode).

    ===========

  2. Re: HP TCP/IP for OpenVMS IPsec EAK

    On Aug 30, 10:36 am, Sue wrote:
    > Dear Newsgrou,
    >
    > Great news the TCP/IP team just sent mail that the IPsec Early
    > Adopters Kit (EAK) is now available for download (Alpha and
    > Integrity). Details are below
    >
    > Warm Regards,
    > Sue
    >
    > http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/pr...sec/index.html
    >
    > Announcing the HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS IPsec T5.7 Early
    > Adopters Kit (EAK) available
    >
    > IPsec functionality has been incorporated into and will be distributed
    > as part of the HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS V5.7 release for
    > Integrity and Alpha systems. The EAK is being delivered as a complete
    > HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS T5.7 kit that includes an early version
    > of the IPsec functionality. Below is a brief overview.
    >
    > HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS IPsec
    >
    > OpenVMS IPsec provides an infrastructure to allow secure
    > communications
    > (authentication, integrity, confidentiality) over IP-based
    > networks
    > between systems and devices that implement the IPsec protocol
    > suite.
    > OpenVMS IPsec offers protection against replay attacks, packet
    > tampering, and spoofing -- and it keeps others from viewing
    > critical
    > data such as passwords and financial information sent over the
    > Internet.
    >
    > Features and Benefits
    >
    > Some of the benefits of OpenVMS IPsec are:
    >
    > - Adheres to all relevant IPsec standards, including IKE (Internet
    > Key Exchange) for automated key generation.
    >
    > - Allows secure tunnels between business partners to be set up and
    > torn
    > down quickly and easily
    >
    > - Easily adopted and transparent to existing applications.
    > Protects
    > the customer's investment.
    >
    > - Demonstrated multi-vendor interoperability (future)
    >
    > - Thwarts attacks by encrypting data transmitted between two
    > authenticated servers
    >
    > - Host-based authentication:
    > - preshared keys
    > - Digital certificates (future)
    >
    > - Full stateful packet inspection firewall
    >
    > - Command line interface (CLI) for policy configuration:
    > - ipsec_config configuration utility based on the HP-UX
    > IPSec ipsec_config utility
    > - profile file to provide default parameter values that can be
    > modified by the user
    > - flexible rule-based security attribute and access control
    > policy configurations -- allows combinations of IP
    > addresses,
    > prefix lengths, ports, and protocols in specifying security
    > attributes configuration and packet filtering
    > - dynamic configuration and batch mode for bulk configuration
    >
    > - Focused on end-system IPsec. OpenVMS IPsec can communicate with
    > other end-systems (transport mode) or VPN gateways (tunnel
    > mode).
    >
    > ===========

    Thank you, Sue. We've been looking for this to happen (I wish I had
    time to start looking at it now).

  3. Re: HP TCP/IP for OpenVMS IPsec EAK

    Hi Sue,

    > Great news the TCP/IP team just sent mail that the IPsec Early
    > Adopters Kit (EAK) is now available for download (Alpha and
    > Integrity). Details are below

    This indeed great news! Some of us have been waiting a long time for this,
    but better late than never eh.

    Has anyone had a chance to look at the kit yet and put it through its paces?

    > - Host-based authentication:
    > - preshared keys
    > - Digital certificates (future)

    Can IPsec a la mode de VMS (in it's present state) talk to Windows IPsec?

    Is that saying there is no Automatic Key Exchange in this version? Sadly
    we've all come to learn that "future" is a pretty big brush-stroke when it
    comes to TCP/IP engineering :-( What the hell have they been doing all this
    time? Seriously, what are the staffing/resource levels in TCP/IP
    development? (Is John Genignani still out there? I can name at least half a
    dozen free-loading passengers on the good ship VMS that could be cut adrift,
    if it would help get back just one Christian Moser!)

    Insert Multinet add here (It all seems sooo long ago)
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....152824d68a9bb0

    Cheers Richard Maher

    news:1188488208.671745.261690@19g2000hsx.googlegro ups.com...

+ Reply to Thread