bill@triangle.cs.uofs.edu wrote on 08/29/2007 02:30:51 PM:

> In article ,
> "Tom Linden" writes:
> > On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:55:00 -0700, wrote:
> >
> >> The div'l'z in th' details.

> > Norm, I use Opera which has a pretty good newsreader, displaying

threads
> > by
> > indentation, but your reply appears as a new thread. Why is that?

> My guess would be because his message has no "References:" header
> and appears as a new thread. :-) How or why he did this is anyone's
> guess.

Well, emoticons aside, I've no clue. I am reading in NotesMail from the
Info-VAX listserve and merely replying. Sometimes it decides on it's own
to employ mime-encoding. I just see a "Re: " in the Subject
field
and rarely try to view with threading as it takes too long to build the
views.

So you might as well ask IBM-Lotus.

> bill
>
> --
> Bill Gunshannon | de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n. Three

wolves