Re: Refreshing DS20 Firmware - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Refreshing DS20 Firmware - VMS ; From: JCamCMKRNL > I have two DS20 AXP systems. Newer than any of my junk. > Recently one of them reports "FIRMWARE" on the LCD display shortly > after power up. The console never comes up, so I can't tell ...

  1. Re: Refreshing DS20 Firmware

    From: JCamCMKRNL

    > I have two DS20 AXP systems.

    Newer than any of my junk.

    > Recently one of them reports "FIRMWARE" on the LCD display shortly
    > after power up. The console never comes up, so I can't tell it to boot
    > off the Firmware CD.

    What are you using as a console terminal? Are you trying to say that
    it fails to boot and you can't access the SRM console on a console
    device where it should work?

    > Any suggestions?

    Check the hardware manual for a failsafe boot loader option?

    http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserve...ds20_tech.html

    > "Just give me CMKRNL, I don't need SETPRIV"

    SETPRV may set any privilege bit

    Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org
    382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
    Saint Paul MN 55105-2547

  2. Re: Refreshing DS20 Firmware

    > What are you using as a console terminal? Are you trying to say that
    > it fails to boot and you can't access the SRM console on a console
    > device where it should work?

    Typically I use the OPA0: Serial port rather than the graphics console, but
    I did check the graphics console too, and saw nothing.

    On 8/27/07 8:58 PM, in article 07082722580364_202326CE@antinode.org, "Steven
    M. Schweda" wrote:

    > From: JCamCMKRNL
    >
    >> I have two DS20 AXP systems.

    > Newer than any of my junk.
    >
    >> Recently one of them reports "FIRMWARE" on the LCD display shortly
    >> after power up. The console never comes up, so I can't tell it to boot
    >> off the Firmware CD.

    > What are you using as a console terminal? Are you trying to say that
    > it fails to boot and you can't access the SRM console on a console
    > device where it should work?
    >
    >> Any suggestions?

    > Check the hardware manual for a failsafe boot loader option?
    >
    > http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserve...ds20_tech.html
    >
    >> "Just give me CMKRNL, I don't need SETPRIV"

    > SETPRV may set any privilege bit

    > Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org
    > 382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
    > Saint Paul MN 55105-2547

+ Reply to Thread