PWS500 au console transitions - VMS

This is a discussion on PWS500 au console transitions - VMS ; I need to run the ra200rcu utility to configure my raid controller. It is run from the ARC console. Needless to say I run VMS from the SRM console. When my battery died I learned how to get from the ...

  1. PWS500 au console transitions

    I need to run the ra200rcu utility to configure my raid controller. It
    is run from the ARC console. Needless to say I run VMS from the SRM
    console. When my battery died I learned how to get from the ARC to the
    SRM, but I can not find any documentation to get from the SRM to the
    ARC. On the as1200, which I used to have the Users guide said to

    >>> set alphabios

    This did not seem to work on the PWS500. Anyone have a PWS500 Users
    Guide? barring that how the heck do you accomplish this??

    Thanks in advance
    Jim

  2. Re: PWS500 au console transitions

    Jim Mehlhop wrote:
    > I need to run the ra200rcu utility to configure my raid controller. It
    > is run from the ARC console. Needless to say I run VMS from the SRM
    > console. When my battery died I learned how to get from the ARC to the
    > SRM, but I can not find any documentation to get from the SRM to the
    > ARC. On the as1200, which I used to have the Users guide said to

    > This did not seem to work on the PWS500. Anyone have a PWS500 Users
    > Guide? barring that how the heck do you accomplish this??

    >>> arc

    If HELP doesn't show what you're looking for, try LS at the SRM console
    (or better LS | MORE).

    cu,
    Martin
    --
    One OS to rule them all | Martin Vorlaender | OpenVMS rules!
    One OS to find them | work: mv@pdv-systeme.de

  3. Re: PWS500 au console transitions

    On Aug 24, 7:31 pm, Jim Mehlhop wrote:
    > I need to run the ra200rcu utility to configure my raid controller. It
    > is run from the ARC console. Needless to say I run VMS from the SRM
    > console. When my battery died I learned how to get from the ARC to the
    > SRM, but I can not find any documentation to get from the SRM to the
    > ARC. On the as1200, which I used to have the Users guide said to

    > This did not seem to work on the PWS500. Anyone have a PWS500 Users
    > Guide? barring that how the heck do you accomplish this??
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Jim

    IIRC it's just >>>alphabios

  4. Re: PWS500 au console transitions

    Jim Mehlhop wrote in news:46cf6a39$0$497$815e3792
    @news.qwest.net:

    > I need to run the ra200rcu utility to configure my raid controller. It
    > is run from the ARC console. Needless to say I run VMS from the SRM
    > console. When my battery died I learned how to get from the ARC to the
    > SRM, but I can not find any documentation to get from the SRM to the
    > ARC. On the as1200, which I used to have the Users guide said to

    > This did not seem to work on the PWS500. Anyone have a PWS500 Users
    > Guide? barring that how the heck do you accomplish this??
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Jim

    Have you tried typing arc? I've used that many times to get to where I can
    run ra200rcu, or ra200srl.

  5. Re: PWS500 au console transitions

    Tad Winters wrote:
    > Jim Mehlhop wrote in news:46cf6a39$0$497$815e3792
    > @news.qwest.net:
    >
    >> I need to run the ra200rcu utility to configure my raid controller. It
    >> is run from the ARC console. Needless to say I run VMS from the SRM
    >> console. When my battery died I learned how to get from the ARC to the
    >> SRM, but I can not find any documentation to get from the SRM to the
    >> ARC. On the as1200, which I used to have the Users guide said to

    >> This did not seem to work on the PWS500. Anyone have a PWS500 Users
    >> Guide? barring that how the heck do you accomplish this??
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >> Jim
    >>

    > Have you tried typing arc? I've used that many times to get to where I can
    > run ra200rcu, or ra200srl.

    How about this:
    http://vt100.net/mirror/mds-199909/c...a/alunxuib.pdf

    There you'll find other manuals for DEC hardware and software, too.

    Regards,

    Kari

+ Reply to Thread