>If that Cobol syntax is standardized (a question not answered to date
>in this discussion), VMS Cobol should support it by calling RMS Journaling
>from the generated code.

I could easily be mis-remembering, or have seen it in a J4 paper or something,
ro even just in a discussion.

In any case, the library calls work great. I would personally rather see INITIALIZE and some of the other cool 2002 standards come into the language implementation. After all, COMMIT/ROLLBACK is *not* missing from the language, it is just available in a different way!

Or even non-standard extensions like generic default handlers and such.

Yours, -Paul