Here's one for Bob (hope it makes your head spin) - VMS

This is a discussion on Here's one for Bob (hope it makes your head spin) - VMS ; In article , AEF writes: > > I meant acceleration as in increase in speed. Context, Bob, ... > context. The context was a discussion of physical behaviour and the laws of physics are not context specific. 8-) Physicists have ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Results 321 to 323 of 323

  1. Re: Here's one for Bob (hope it makes your head spin)

    In article <1189558411.809336.160500@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups. com>, AEF writes:

    > I meant acceleration as in increase in speed. Context, Bob, ...
    > context.

    The context was a discussion of physical behaviour and the laws
    of physics are not context specific. 8-)

    Physicists have precise definitions for these terms for good reason
    and when I see them in a dicussion of physical behaviour I use those
    definitions because being unclear in physical science is a direct
    path to misunderstanding and erroneous conclusions.

  2. Re: Here's one for Bob (hope it makes your head spin)

    On 09/12/07 09:20, Bob Koehler wrote:
    > In article , AEF writes:
    >> I meant acceleration as in increase in speed. Context, Bob, ...
    >> context.

    > The context was a discussion of physical behaviour and the laws
    > of physics are not context specific. 8-)
    >
    > Physicists have precise definitions for these terms for good reason
    > and when I see them in a dicussion of physical behaviour I use those
    > definitions because being unclear in physical science is a direct
    > path to misunderstanding and erroneous conclusions.

    How dare you be so insensitive to those who want to create their own
    definitions!

    Now go take a Definitional Sensitivity class!

    --
    Ron Johnson, Jr.
    Jefferson LA USA

  3. Re: Here's one for Bob (hope it makes your head spin)

    On Sep 12, 10:20 am, koeh...@eisner.nospam.encompasserve.org (Bob
    Koehler) wrote:
    > In article <1189558411.809336.160...@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups. com>, AEF writes:
    >

    > > I meant acceleration as in increase in speed. Context, Bob, ...
    > > context.

    > The context was a discussion of physical behaviour and the laws
    > of physics are not context specific. 8-)

    Well, while were being exact, that's "context-specific".

    > Physicists have precise definitions for these terms for good reason
    > and when I see them in a dicussion of physical behaviour I use those
    > definitions because being unclear in physical science is a direct
    > path to misunderstanding and erroneous conclusions.

    Point taken.

    AEF