Useful paper on Network Security, in Particular IPsec - VMS

This is a discussion on Useful paper on Network Security, in Particular IPsec - VMS ; Hi, If you're fed-up floundering around with SSH, sftp, SSL et al and are wondering if there's any alternative, then this document could well be worth a read! http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/ni...7/sp800-77.pdf Cheers Richard Maher...

  1. Useful paper on Network Security, in Particular IPsec

    Hi,

    If you're fed-up floundering around with SSH, sftp, SSL et al and are
    wondering if there's any alternative, then this document could well be worth
    a read!

    http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/ni...7/sp800-77.pdf

    Cheers Richard Maher

  2. Re: Useful paper on Network Security, in Particular IPsec

    A PDF file eh? I wonder what could be in there; maybe it could help your
    organizations reduce costs and increase security? Maybe you could be
    charging 120/hr for the next six months implementing this stuff on VMS. Be
    the first System/Network Manager to sort out the compatibility issues
    between Windows (who's had this stuff for years) and VMS then name your own
    price. Here's a test case for you: - "All transactions being pushed from
    MTS/DTC on a Windows box to port 3372 on your VMS box". As good a place to
    start as any?

    On second thoughts; you're right. It's only a wheel; I mean what the hell
    are they good for? Up here in the hills, me Bubba and Orvil like our SSH
    shapes jus' fine - All the server processes look the same, just like
    everyone that lives up here.

    Cheers Richard Maher

    "Richard Maher" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > If you're fed-up floundering around with SSH, sftp, SSL et al and are
    > wondering if there's any alternative, then this document could well be

    worth
    > a read!
    >
    > http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/ni...7/sp800-77.pdf
    >
    > Cheers Richard Maher