Re: Easy DCL question PURGE vs. DELETE - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Easy DCL question PURGE vs. DELETE - VMS ; "P. Sture" wrote on 08/09/2007 01:18:17 AM: > In article > , > norm.raphael@metso.com wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > On fait ce q'on peut. > > > > > > > > > ...

  1. Re: Easy DCL question PURGE vs. DELETE

    "P. Sture" wrote on 08/09/2007 01:18:17 AM:

    > In article
    > ,

    > > More accurately: "One does what one can." Quote from a French Officer

    who
    > > boarded the Patna after she drifted and who stayed on board some 36

    hours.
    > > (The Captain was German.) Those "little gray cells" sometimes distort
    > > recall.
    > > >

    > Talking of "little grey cells", mine would have written "qu'on" rather
    > than "q'on".
    >
    > A Google search produces both forms, so which is the more correct
    > French, or are both acceptable?

    Thanks, Paul.

    Actually, that was a typo on my part. I looked it up and Conrad did
    write "(On fait ce qu'on peut.)" I had no idea the other form was in
    use.

    I guess we are done for now with the real topic of this thread as I
    must confess that I hijacked it myself onto this tangent. Sorry.

    > --
    > Paul Sture
    >
    > Sue's OpenVMS bookmarks:
    > http://eisner.encompasserve.org/~stu...bookmarks.html

  2. Re: Easy DCL question PURGE vs. DELETE

    In article
    ,
    norm.raphael@metso.com wrote:

    > "P. Sture" wrote on 08/09/2007 01:18:17 AM:
    >
    > > In article
    > > ,

    > > Talking of "little grey cells", mine would have written "qu'on" rather
    > > than "q'on".
    > >
    > > A Google search produces both forms, so which is the more correct
    > > French, or are both acceptable?

    > Thanks, Paul.
    >
    > Actually, that was a typo on my part. I looked it up and Conrad did
    > write "(On fait ce qu'on peut.)" I had no idea the other form was in
    > use.

    Thanks. Seeing the other form made me wonder about this age thing :-)

    > I guess we are done for now with the real topic of this thread as I
    > must confess that I hijacked it myself onto this tangent. Sorry.

    I'll admit I did lose concentration somewhere in the discussion.

    --
    Paul Sture

    Sue's OpenVMS bookmarks: