messages - VMS

This is a discussion on messages - VMS ; Hi, how can i disable the message: "LPD Retrying failed job:........" or is there a way to redirect this kind of message into a file? Thank you...

  1. messages

    Hi,
    how can i disable the message: "LPD Retrying failed job:........"
    or is there a way to redirect this kind of message into a file?

    Thank you

  2. Re: messages

    norbert wrote:
    > how can i disable the message: "LPD Retrying failed job:........"
    > or is there a way to redirect this kind of message into a file?

    I assume this is part of an operator (OPCOM) message:

    OPCOM messages can be directed to a logfile, but not selectively:
    $ REPLY/LOG see HELP REPLY

    OPCOM messages can be disabled to go to Your terminal:
    LPD messages are probably of the PRINTER class:
    $ REPLY/DISABLE=PRINTER

    Of course one can disable OPCOM (and other broadcasts) at all:
    $ REPLY/DISABLE
    or for a terminal session:
    $ SET BROADCAST=NOOPCOM

    and of course for Your particular message: wouldn't it be better to
    resolve the LPD-problem itself instead to let it continue forever ?
    (stop/delete the job in question, stop/restart the queue, or whatever
    causes the problem.)

    --

    Joseph Huber - http://www.huber-joseph.de

+ Reply to Thread