REXX - VMS

This is a discussion on REXX - VMS ; As this has been mentioned by more than me, I wonder if anyone knows who did the port to VMS of Regina, as mentioned on following page. http://regina-rexx.sourceforge.net/ -- PL/I for OpenVMS www.kednos.com...

  1. REXX

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  2. Re: REXX

    Tom Linden a écrit :
    > As this has been mentioned by more than me, I wonder if anyone
    > knows who did the port to VMS of Regina, as mentioned on
    > following page.
    >
    > http://regina-rexx.sourceforge.net/

    AFAIR, when I needed to evaluate REXX on OpenVMS for my last employer
    (around may 2004), I just downloaded the kit and managed with a few mods
    to compile and run it, using the VMS conditionals already there. At that
    time, I send my mods to Mark, but I don't remember having received an
    ack from him.

    Hope this helps,
    --
    Bernard Giroud
    110, rte des Roguets

  3. Re: REXX

    On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 05:21:25 -0700, Bernard Giroud
    wrote:

    > Tom Linden a écrit :
    >> As this has been mentioned by more than me, I wonder if anyone
    >> knows who did the port to VMS of Regina, as mentioned on
    >> following page.
    >> http://regina-rexx.sourceforge.net/
    >>

    > AFAIR, when I needed to evaluate REXX on OpenVMS for my last employer
    > (around may 2004), I just downloaded the kit and managed with a few mods
    > to compile and run it, using the VMS conditionals already there. At that
    > time, I send my mods to Mark, but I don't remember having received an
    > ack from him.
    >
    > Hope this helps,

    As I posted else where got following response from Mark and reproduce for
    convenience.

    Hi Tom,

    I did the port many years ago. I don't have access to a VMS machine
    anymore so can't tell you if it still compiles. But here are the contents
    of the README.VMS that comes with Regina:

    This is a preliminary version of Regina for OpenVMS. It has been tested
    on OpenVMS 6.1, 6.2 on VAX and AXP systems.

    To build Regina, you need MMK. This can be obtained from:
    ftp://ftp.wku.edu/

    Run the build.com DCL script to compile and link Regina. This is a
    front-end to the MMK description file; descrip.mms.

    Things that don't work:

    - Stream BIF when the target is a directory. This is due to the C runtime
    funtion stat() not behaving the same as on other operating systems.
    - Time('O') does not work. The C runtime function gmtime() does not
    return valid values.
    - Uname BIF doesn't return anything.
    - Execution of external commands crash Regina.

    Same deal with THE. It ported some years ago, but unsure of its current
    status.

    For both packages you have to build it yourself from the source.

    Cheers, Mark
    Mark Hessling http://www.rexx.org/
    Author of THE, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/cURL, Rexx/gd, Rexx/DW, Rexx/curses, etc..
    Maintainer of Regina
    Use Rexx ? Join the Rexx Language Association: http://www.rexxla.org/
    Google Earth: 27 43' 43.10"S,153 02'20.03"E

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

+ Reply to Thread