Layered products not available on IA64 - VMS

This is a discussion on Layered products not available on IA64 - VMS ; Looking here: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/solutions/...partner_h.html CDD is not even listed as "Planned"? What's with that? Do they even plan to upgrade it? I think it is required to use the "Dictionary" statement in Fortran. We use it to make Datatrieve record structures ...

  1. Layered products not available on IA64

    Looking here:

    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/solutions/...partner_h.html

    CDD is not even listed as "Planned"? What's with that? Do they even
    plan to upgrade it?

    I think it is required to use the "Dictionary" statement in Fortran.
    We use it to make Datatrieve record structures available to Fortran.

    I wonder if they have a workaround for this one?

    Datatrieve is listed as "Planned". I don't know when they are
    planning to finish it.

  2. Re: Layered products not available on IA64

    tadamsmar wrote:
    > Looking here:
    >
    > http://h71000.www7.hp.com/solutions/...partner_h.html
    >
    > CDD is not even listed as "Planned"? What's with that? Do they even
    > plan to upgrade it?
    >
    > I think it is required to use the "Dictionary" statement in Fortran.
    > We use it to make Datatrieve record structures available to Fortran.
    >
    > I wonder if they have a workaround for this one?
    >
    > Datatrieve is listed as "Planned". I don't know when they are
    > planning to finish it.

    CDD has been sold to Oracle. If you look under
    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/solutions/...partner_o.html
    it says "available" for the Oracle Rdb Suite (Rdb, CDD, Trace, and
    Codasyl DBMS).

    cu,
    Martin
    --
    One OS to rule them all | Martin Vorlaender | OpenVMS rules!
    One OS to find them | work: mv@pdv-systeme.de

  3. Re: Layered products not available on IA64

    Datatrive is available for OpenVMS I64. Its a free download for DSPP
    company members.

  4. Re: Layered products not available on IA64

    On Aug 6, 5:33 am, IanMiller wrote:
    > Datatrive is available for OpenVMS I64. Its a free download for DSPP
    > company members.

    My company develops custom software for the federal government, so
    would we meet the DSPP membership requirements? We don't have a
    commercial package available.

    I assume HP will eventually have a release of Datatrieve available on
    Integrity. Correct?

  5. Re: Layered products not available on IA64

    Datatreive is available for OpenVMS on Integrity now.

    I don't know about eligability requirements.
    go to http://www.hp.com/go/dspp

  6. RE: Layered products not available on IA64

    Note that DSPP membership is free.
    http://tinyurl.com/24mqmq (DSPP FAQ)

    Datatrieve is already available on both Integrity and Alpha:
    http://tinyurl.com/26kkwm

    related to Datatrieve - Rdb and CDD are Oracle products and have been for many years.

    Oracle has released versions of each of these for Integrity.

    Oracle Announcement:
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/pro...lannounce.html

    Reference:
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/pro...rdb/index.html

    Downloads:
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/sof...db7/index.html

    Other doc link of interest:
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/pro...doc_index.html

    Regards

    Kerry Main
    Senior Consultant
    HP Services Canada
    Voice: 613-592-4660
    Fax: 613-591-4477
    kerryDOTmainAThpDOTcom
    (remove the DOT's and AT)

  7. Re: Layered products not available on IA64

    On Aug 6, 8:58 am, IanMiller wrote:
    > Datatreive is available for OpenVMS on Integrity now.

    That's not what HP is posting:

    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/solutions/...partner_h.html

    Datatrieve is listed as "planned".

    Can anyone explain this contradiction between Ian and HP?

  8. Re: Layered products not available on IA64

    tadamsmar wrote:
    > IanMiller wrote:
    >> Datatreive is available for OpenVMS on Integrity now.

    > That's not what HP is posting:
    >
    > http://h71000.www7.hp.com/solutions/...partner_h.html

    HP is posting a lot...
    A Datatrieve kit is on the current Software Products Library:
    http://www1.aclabs.com/MasterIndex/f..._7_3_SSB.shtml

    > Datatrieve is listed as "planned".
    >
    > Can anyone explain this contradiction between Ian and HP?

    Synchronization problems?

    cu,
    Martin
    --
    One OS to rule them all | Martin Vorlaender | OpenVMS rules!
    One OS to find them | work: mv@pdv-systeme.de
    One OS to bring them all | http://www.pdv-systeme.de/users/martinv/
    And in the Darkness bind them.| home: martin.vorlaender@t-online.de

+ Reply to Thread