New Python 2.5.1 kit (V1.3-0) - VMS

This is a discussion on New Python 2.5.1 kit (V1.3-0) - VMS ; A new Python 2.5.1 kit is available for AXP and IA64. OpenVMS AXP 7.3-2 and IA64 8.3 are, now, minimum version. This kit is a new features kit. # The following new libraries has been added: PycURL http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/ which is ...

  1. New Python 2.5.1 kit (V1.3-0)

    A new Python 2.5.1 kit is available for AXP and IA64.

    OpenVMS AXP 7.3-2 and IA64 8.3 are, now, minimum version.

    This kit is a new features kit.

    # The following new libraries has been added: PycURL
    http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/ which is a Python interface to libcurl.
    # lxml http://codespeak.net/lxml/ which is a Pythonic binding for the
    libxml2 and libxslt libraries (latest version of these libraries are
    also included - libxml2 2.6.29 libxslt 1.1.21)
    # OpenVMS SMG$ interface (more than 100 functions added), it include an
    object interface and the low level interface

    The OpenVMS RMS module has a new routine "getfdl" to retreive a file FDL
    description.

    Some modules has been upgrade to the latest version.

    # New LD images are also available: Mercurial
    http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/ has been upgrade to the latest
    snapshot
    # Webware for Python http://www.webwareforpython.org/ has been upgrade
    to 0.9.4

    The LD images are useful for testing or using this software on a system
    where no ODS5 device is available or on which you can't install these
    software using the VMS command PRODUCT.

    For more information on Python 2.5.1, please see:
    http://www.python.org/2.5.1/

    For more information on Python for OpenVMS please see:
    http://vmspython.dyndns.org/

    Jean-François Piéronne

  2. Re: New Python 2.5.1 kit (V1.3-0)

    On Aug 1, 2:20 pm, Jean-François Piéronne
    wrote:
    > A new Python 2.5.1 kit is available for AXP and IA64.
    >
    > OpenVMS AXP 7.3-2 and IA64 8.3 are, now, minimum version.
    >
    > This kit is a new features kit.
    >
    > # The following new libraries has been added: PycURLhttp://pycurl.sourceforge.net/which is a Python interface to libcurl.
    > # lxmlhttp://codespeak.net/lxml/which is a Pythonic binding for the
    > libxml2 and libxslt libraries (latest version of these libraries are
    > also included - libxml2 2.6.29 libxslt 1.1.21)
    > # OpenVMS SMG$ interface (more than 100 functions added), it include an
    > object interface and the low level interface
    >
    > The OpenVMS RMS module has a new routine "getfdl" to retreive a file FDL
    > description.
    >
    > Some modules has been upgrade to the latest version.
    >
    > # New LD images are also available: Mercurialhttp://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/has been upgrade to the latest
    > snapshot
    > # Webware for Pythonhttp://www.webwareforpython.org/has been upgrade
    > to 0.9.4
    >
    > The LD images are useful for testing or using this software on a system
    > where no ODS5 device is available or on which you can't install these
    > software using the VMS command PRODUCT.
    >
    > For more information on Python 2.5.1, please see:http://www.python.org/2.5.1/
    >
    > For more information on Python for OpenVMS please see:http://vmspython.dyndns.org/
    >
    > Jean-François Piéronne

    Thank you for all the work on these!

  3. Re: New Python 2.5.1 kit (V1.3-0)

    On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 12:20:26 -0700, Jean-François Piéronne
    wrote:

    > A new Python 2.5.1 kit is available for AXP and IA64.
    >
    > OpenVMS AXP 7.3-2 and IA64 8.3 are, now, minimum version.
    >
    > This kit is a new features kit.
    >
    > # The following new libraries has been added: PycURL
    > http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/ which is a Python interface to libcurl.
    > # lxml http://codespeak.net/lxml/ which is a Pythonic binding for the
    > libxml2 and libxslt libraries (latest version of these libraries are
    > also included - libxml2 2.6.29 libxslt 1.1.21)
    > # OpenVMS SMG$ interface (more than 100 functions added), it include an
    > object interface and the low level interface
    >
    > The OpenVMS RMS module has a new routine "getfdl" to retreive a file FDL
    > description.
    >
    > Some modules has been upgrade to the latest version.
    >
    > # New LD images are also available: Mercurial
    > http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/ has been upgrade to the latest
    > snapshot
    > # Webware for Python http://www.webwareforpython.org/ has been upgrade
    > to 0.9.4
    >
    > The LD images are useful for testing or using this software on a system
    > where no ODS5 device is available or on which you can't install these
    > software using the VMS command PRODUCT.
    >
    > For more information on Python 2.5.1, please see:
    > http://www.python.org/2.5.1/
    >
    > For more information on Python for OpenVMS please see:
    > http://vmspython.dyndns.org/
    >
    > Jean-François Piéronne

    Any plans for
    $ HELP PYTHON

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  4. Re: New Python 2.5.1 kit (V1.3-0)

    Tom Linden wrote:

    > Any plans for
    > $ HELP PYTHON

    You can do:

    $ python -c help()

    This will execute the python help.

    JF

  5. Re: New Python 2.5.1 kit (V1.3-0)

    Hi,

    Jean-François Piéronne wrote:
    > Tom Linden wrote:
    >
    >>Any plans for
    >>$ HELP PYTHON
    >>

    > You can do:
    >
    > $ python -c help()
    >
    > This will execute the python help.

    In which case this should work for Tom:

    $ libr/help sys$help:helplib.hlb sys$input:/insert
    1 PYTHON

    The PYTHON command invokes the Python interpreter.

    For more information, please type

    $ python -c help()
    Cltr/Z
    $

    Or something similar.

    Regards,

    Jeremy Begg

  6. Re: New Python 2.5.1 kit (V1.3-0)

    Hi Jeremi,
    > Hi,
    >
    > Jean-François Piéronne wrote:
    >> Tom Linden wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any plans for
    >>> $ HELP PYTHON
    >>>

    >> You can do:
    >>
    >> $ python -c help()
    >>
    >> This will execute the python help.

    > In which case this should work for Tom:
    >
    > $ libr/help sys$help:helplib.hlb sys$input:/insert
    > 1 PYTHON
    >
    > The PYTHON command invokes the Python interpreter.
    >
    > For more information, please type
    >
    > $ python -c help()
    > Cltr/Z
    > $
    >
    > Or something similar.

    Very good idea, I will try to implement this in a future kit.

    JF

+ Reply to Thread