Is VMSONE.COM off the air permanently? - VMS

This is a discussion on Is VMSONE.COM off the air permanently? - VMS ; Is VMSONE.COM gone for good? For the past couple of weeks I've been unable to get to it (connections time out), and at least one post in June noted it was not reachable....

  1. Is VMSONE.COM off the air permanently?

    Is VMSONE.COM gone for good? For the past couple of weeks I've been
    unable to get to it (connections time out), and at least one post in
    June noted it was not reachable.

  2. Re: Is VMSONE.COM off the air permanently?

    In article <1185890319.702659.248370@e16g2000pri.googlegroups. com>, Rich Jordan writes:

    >Is VMSONE.COM gone for good? For the past couple of weeks I've been
    >unable to get to it (connections time out), and at least one post in
    >June noted it was not reachable.

    Who took over VMSone.com when John passed away? I would thing one of
    the DFW lug guys -- David Cathey or Pat Jankoviak. They'd be the best
    to answer your question. I would love to see VMSone.com back on-line
    too but at least Google has cached all of the _important_ content that
    was there.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  3. Re: Is VMSONE.COM off the air permanently?

    Rich Jordan wrote:
    > Is VMSONE.COM gone for good? For the past couple of weeks I've been
    > unable to get to it (connections time out), and at least one post in
    > June noted it was not reachable.

    The likely owner of the box has been pinged.

    --
    www.HoffmanLabs.com
    Services for OpenVMS

  4. Re: Is VMSONE.COM off the air permanently?

    In article , Stephen Hoffman writes:

    >Rich Jordan wrote:
    >> Is VMSONE.COM gone for good? For the past couple of weeks I've been
    >> unable to get to it (connections time out), and at least one post in
    >> June noted it was not reachable.

    > The likely owner of the box has been pinged.

    In article , Stephen Hoffman writes:

    >Rich Jordan wrote:
    >> Is VMSONE.COM gone for good? For the past couple of weeks I've been
    >> unable to get to it (connections time out), and at least one post in
    >> June noted it was not reachable.

    > The likely owner of the box has been pinged.

    This is weird. Hoff posted this a few days ago and again it appears.
    Somebody has a problematic news server as I've seen numerous postings
    reappear in the past few weeks. I wonder if this is due to the prob-
    lems google was having and, perhaps, is still experiencing.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  5. Re: Duplicate posts (was: Is VMSONE.COM off the air permanently?)

    In article <6AYsi.1604$mG2.574@newsfe12.lga>, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
    > In article , Stephen Hoffman writes:

    >> The likely owner of the box has been pinged.

    > This is weird. Hoff posted this a few days ago and again it appears.
    > Somebody has a problematic news server as I've seen numerous postings
    > reappear in the past few weeks. I wonder if this is due to the prob-
    > lems google was having and, perhaps, is still experiencing.

    Over the years this has been a common problem in this newsgroup and
    others. I believe the root cause is likely a protocol deficiency
    allowing errant news servers anywhere to corrupt the group.

  6. Re: Duplicate posts

    On 08/04/07 08:21, Larry Kilgallen wrote:
    > In article <6AYsi.1604$mG2.574@newsfe12.lga>, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
    >> In article , Stephen Hoffman writes:

    >>> The likely owner of the box has been pinged.

    >> This is weird. Hoff posted this a few days ago and again it appears.
    >> Somebody has a problematic news server as I've seen numerous postings
    >> reappear in the past few weeks. I wonder if this is due to the prob-
    >> lems google was having and, perhaps, is still experiencing.

    > Over the years this has been a common problem in this newsgroup and
    > others. I believe the root cause is likely a protocol deficiency
    > allowing errant news servers anywhere to corrupt the group.

    Microsoft nntp servers, no doubt. Or FreeBSD. Yeah, that's it:
    Evil FreeBSD.

    --
    Ron Johnson, Jr.
    Jefferson LA USA