How to examine Errorlog on IA64? - VMS

This is a discussion on How to examine Errorlog on IA64? - VMS ; Subject says it all -- PL/I for OpenVMS www.kednos.com...

  1. How to examine Errorlog on IA64?

    Subject says it all

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  2. Re: How to examine Errorlog on IA64?

    Tom,

    OpenVMS I64 includes ELV (Erro Log Viewer). Use ANAL/ERR/ELV TRANSLATE/
    SINCE=...

    But this tool does not really help, as it can only translate very few
    errlog entry types.

    The best tool to use is SEA (System Event Analyzer), part of the WEBES
    tool. It can be downloaded from http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/svctools/

    Once you've installed WEBES, point your WEB brower to http://vms-node-ip-adress:7902
    and use this interface to look at OpenVMS I64 errlog entries.

    Volker.

  3. Re: How to examine Errorlog on IA64?

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:39:25 -0700, Volker Halle
    wrote:

    > Tom,
    >
    > OpenVMS I64 includes ELV (Erro Log Viewer). Use ANAL/ERR/ELV TRANSLATE/
    > SINCE=...
    >
    > But this tool does not really help, as it can only translate very few
    > errlog entry types.
    >
    > The best tool to use is SEA (System Event Analyzer), part of the WEBES
    > tool. It can be downloaded from
    > http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/svctools/
    >
    > Once you've installed WEBES, point your WEB brower to
    > http://vms-node-ip-adress:7902
    > and use this interface to look at OpenVMS I64 errlog entries.

    > Volker.

    Thanks.

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS