Re: Debugging shareable images weirdness - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Debugging shareable images weirdness - VMS ; Neil Lowden wrote: > I came across odd behaviour with the debugger today under OpenVMS/I64 > V8.3. This turns out to have been a bug in DEBUG. DEBUG was not flushing the i-cache on Integrity systems. This bug only appeared ...

  1. Re: Debugging shareable images weirdness

    Neil Lowden wrote:
    > I came across odd behaviour with the debugger today under OpenVMS/I64
    > V8.3.

    This turns out to have been a bug in DEBUG. DEBUG was not flushing the
    i-cache on Integrity systems. This bug only appeared under the following
    circumstances:

    1. Stepping over routine calls in an image installed /SHARE; and
    2. Running on a Itanium Montecito processor

    The failure symptom: STEP (by line, over a routine call) in the image
    installed /SHARE causes an unhandled exception, %SYSTEM-F-BREAK_ARCH.
    I've also heard of %SYSTEM-F-BREAK_SYS.

    Cure: Fixed DEBUG so it flushes the i-cache. If you experience this
    problem, contact HP support and reference WFM case 1216258317-121.

    -Jeff

  2. Re: Debugging shareable images weirdness

    Jeff

    Thanks very much for this. I have contacted local HP Support.

    Best regards

    -Neil

+ Reply to Thread