Re: July the 4th - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: July the 4th - VMS ; In article , bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes: > > Bull crap. And here I thought you were a gun owner. Have you never had the pleasure of blowing off some steam with a shotgun?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. Re: July the 4th

    In article <5gskcfF3h8mjoU1@mid.individual.net>, bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:

    > Bull crap.

    And here I thought you were a gun owner. Have you never had the
    pleasure of blowing off some steam with a shotgun?

  2. Re: July the 4th

    In article , JF Mezei writes:

    > In case you had not heard, there is a worldwide ban on use of landmines,
    > and the USA refused to sign it. Why does the USA insist on continued
    > use of landmines ?

    Because the DMZ between North and South Korea is where you'll find
    millions of them, almost no chance of a civilian stumbling across
    one, and a firm belief that they will be removed when the DMZ is
    no longer needed (not holding my breath).

    Just to mention one site.

  3. Re: July the 4th

    In article ,
    Ron Johnson wrote:

    > On 07/26/07 17:09, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
    > >
    > > Bull crap. Those are not Americans, they're illegal immigrants from
    > > yet another third world country. Another group who would rather come
    > > here for a free handout than fight or work to improve their own country.

    > Cuban immigrants, even ones that come by boat, are all(?) legal
    > (special dispensation because politicians want to win the Florida
    > vote). You don't float 100 miles across the ocean just to get Medicare.

    Especially when Cubans get free health, dentistry and ophthalmic care.

    --
    Paul Sture

    Sue's OpenVMS bookmarks:

  4. Re: July the 4th

    On 07/27/07 07:25, Bob Koehler wrote:
    > In article <5gskcfF3h8mjoU1@mid.individual.net>, bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
    >> Bull crap.

    > And here I thought you were a gun owner. Have you never had the
    > pleasure of blowing off some steam with a shotgun?

    But not in the *city*, for Christ's sake.

    Intelligent (and lots of not-so-intelligent) people relax by
    shooting their guns where they are *supposed* to be shot: woods,
    fields & gun ranges.

    --
    Ron Johnson, Jr.
    Jefferson LA USA

  5. Re: July the 4th

    In article <9aTgHKYzl9PM@eisner.encompasserve.org>,
    koehler@eisner.nospam.encompasserve.org (Bob Koehler) writes:
    > In article <5gskcfF3h8mjoU1@mid.individual.net>, bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
    >>
    >> Bull crap.

    > And here I thought you were a gun owner.

    I am a gun owner. A number of them actually.

    > Have you never had the
    > pleasure of blowing off some steam with a shotgun?

    No. I'm a gun owner, not an idiot.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  6. Re: July the 4th

    In article , Ron Johnson writes:
    > But not in the *city*, for Christ's sake.
    >
    > Intelligent (and lots of not-so-intelligent) people relax by
    > shooting their guns where they are *supposed* to be shot: woods,
    > fields & gun ranges.

    You've never found a gun range in a city?

  7. Re: July the 4th

    On 08/02/07 17:12, Bob Koehler wrote:
    > In article , Ron Johnson writes:
    >> But not in the *city*, for Christ's sake.
    >>
    >> Intelligent (and lots of not-so-intelligent) people relax by
    >> shooting their guns where they are *supposed* to be shot: woods,
    >> fields & gun ranges.

    > You've never found a gun range in a city?

    Sure. There's one right down the highway from me, and another down
    the other side of the highway.

    In all seriousness, what makes you think think I limited my thinking
    that way?

    --
    Ron Johnson, Jr.
    Jefferson LA USA

  8. Re: July the 4th

    Bob Koehler wrote:
    > You've never found a gun range in a city?

    Don't americans typically use schools as a gun range in the cities ?

    :-)

  9. Re: July the 4th

    On 08/03/07 10:18, JF Mezei wrote:
    > Bob Koehler wrote:
    >> You've never found a gun range in a city?

    > Don't americans typically use schools as a gun range in the cities ?

    Of course not. Gun ranges are known distance, have motorized target
    retrieval and try to enforce gun & ear safety rules.

    > :-)

    Smiley? I thought you were being serious.

    --
    Ron Johnson, Jr.
    Jefferson LA USA

  10. Re: July the 4th

    On Aug 3, 11:18 am, JF Mezei wrote:
    > Bob Koehler wrote:
    > > You've never found a gun range in a city?

    > Don't americans typically use schools as a gun range in the cities ?
    >
    > :-)

    Even as a joke this is beyond unfair and tasteless and smacks of
    severe bigotry.

    I'm also sick and tired of your stupid questions that you can easily
    answer yourself on a test system and your stupid all-mighty MicroVAX
    II.

    SUPER PLONK!

    AEF

+ Reply to Thread