Re: What's up with Google - Groups today? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: What's up with Google - Groups today? - VMS ; "Neil Rieck" wrote in message news:469d1af6$0$10194$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. . > What's up with Google - Groups today (07.07.17) ??? > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.vms > It's now been unavailable for more than 6 hours. > > Neil Rieck > Does anyone know what is going ...

  1. Re: What's up with Google - Groups today?

    "Neil Rieck" wrote in message
    news:469d1af6$0$10194$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    > What's up with Google - Groups today (07.07.17) ???
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.vms
    > It's now been unavailable for more than 6 hours.
    >
    > Neil Rieck

    Does anyone know what is going on at Google-Groups ?

    Yesterday (Sunday 2007-07-22) I posted some stuff from TeraNews.com but
    today (Monday 2007-07-23) I noticed that the stuff never made it into their
    archive.

    There was a time when I was telling all my friends to give up on old-school
    news-readers and only use Google-Groups but this thing has been limping
    along for 6 days now.

    NSR

  2. Re: What's up with Google - Groups today?

    In article <46a47f98$0$16391$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>, "Neil Rieck" writes:

    >"Neil Rieck" wrote in message
    >news:469d1af6$0$10194$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    >> What's up with Google - Groups today (07.07.17) ???
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.vms
    >> It's now been unavailable for more than 6 hours.
    >>
    >> Neil Rieck
    >>

    >Does anyone know what is going on at Google-Groups ?
    >
    >Yesterday (Sunday 2007-07-22) I posted some stuff from TeraNews.com but
    >today (Monday 2007-07-23) I noticed that the stuff never made it into their
    >archive.
    >
    >There was a time when I was telling all my friends to give up on old-school
    >news-readers and only use Google-Groups but this thing has been limping
    >along for 6 days now.

    I've noticed messages posted from over a week ago also appear again from my
    news provider. The messages all originated from Google. ... or, perhaps,
    it's just a case of Deja Vu?

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  3. Re: What's up with Google - Groups today?

    In article ,
    VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
    > In article <46a47f98$0$16391$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>, "Neil Rieck" writes:
    >>

    >>"Neil Rieck" wrote in message
    >>news:469d1af6$0$10194$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    >>> What's up with Google - Groups today (07.07.17) ???
    >>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.vms
    >>> It's now been unavailable for more than 6 hours.
    >>>
    >>> Neil Rieck
    >>>

    >>Does anyone know what is going on at Google-Groups ?
    >>
    >>Yesterday (Sunday 2007-07-22) I posted some stuff from TeraNews.com but
    >>today (Monday 2007-07-23) I noticed that the stuff never made it into their
    >>archive.
    >>
    >>There was a time when I was telling all my friends to give up on old-school
    >>news-readers and only use Google-Groups but this thing has been limping
    >>along for 6 days now.

    > I've noticed messages posted from over a week ago also appear again from my
    > news provider. The messages all originated from Google. ... or, perhaps,
    > it's just a case of Deja Vu?

    unning a news server is just like running a mail server. It takes
    competence. Something the industry seems to be lacking more and
    more of everyday.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  4. Re: What's up with Google - Groups today?

    On Jul 23, 7:27 am, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    > In article <46a47f98$0$16391$88260...@free.teranews.com>, "Neil Rieck" writes:
    >
    > >"Neil Rieck" wrote in message
    > >news:469d1af6$0$10194$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    > >> What's up with Google - Groups today (07.07.17) ???
    > >>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.vms
    > >> It's now been unavailable for more than 6 hours.

    > >> Neil Rieck

    > >Does anyone know what is going on at Google-Groups ?

    > >Yesterday (Sunday 2007-07-22) I posted some stuff from TeraNews.com but
    > >today (Monday 2007-07-23) I noticed that the stuff never made it into their
    > >archive.

    > >There was a time when I was telling all my friends to give up on old-school
    > >news-readers and only use Google-Groups but this thing has been limping
    > >along for 6 days now.

    > I've noticed messages posted from over a week ago also appear again from my
    > news provider. The messages all originated from Google. ... or, perhaps,
    > it's just a case of Deja Vu?
    >
    > --
    > VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM
    >
    > "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"
    >
    > http://tmesis.com/drat.html

    It's vee ja dey: the feeling that this has never, ever happened to you
    before! (George Carlin)

    AEF

  5. Re: What's up with Google - Groups today?

    On Jul 23, 7:43 am, b...@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) wrote:
    > In article ,
    > VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
    >

    > > In article <46a47f98$0$16391$88260...@free.teranews.com>, "Neil Rieck" writes:

    > >>"Neil Rieck" wrote in message
    > >>news:469d1af6$0$10194$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .

    > >>Does anyone know what is going on at Google-Groups ?

    > >>Yesterday (Sunday 2007-07-22) I posted some stuff from TeraNews.com but
    > >>today (Monday 2007-07-23) I noticed that the stuff never made it into their
    > >>archive.

    > >>There was a time when I was telling all my friends to give up on old-school
    > >>news-readers and only use Google-Groups but this thing has been limping
    > >>along for 6 days now.

    > > I've noticed messages posted from over a week ago also appear again from my
    > > news provider. The messages all originated from Google. ... or, perhaps,
    > > it's just a case of Deja Vu?

    > unning a news server is just like running a mail server. It takes
    > competence. Something the industry seems to be lacking more and
    > more of everyday.
    >
    > bill
    >
    > --
    > Bill Gunshannon | de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n. Three wolves
    > b...@cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    > University of Scranton |
    > Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include - Hide quoted text -

    Hmmm. Here's your big chance to dump on Linux again(!), but I think
    you hit it on the nail, regardless.

    Google Groups has always been annoying, but you can't complain about
    the price! And it's pretty much the same at work and at home. And it
    does post very quickly. But it does have more than its fair share of
    problems.

    Last night it actually listed the threads out of order! You'd think
    Google would know how to sort, but we all know they have trouble
    counting, so this isn't really a big surprise!

    AEF

  6. Re: What's up with Google - Groups today?