Portmapper / access control files? - VMS

This is a discussion on Portmapper / access control files? - VMS ; Anyone have a pointer to the documentation for the basic TCP/IP Portmapper programs? What I am looking for is the equivalent to the Unix/Linux /etc/hosts.allow files. I want to run a different version of telnet/ssh for a few particular IP ...

  1. Portmapper / access control files?

    Anyone have a pointer to the documentation for the basic TCP/IP Portmapper
    programs? What I am looking for is the equivalent to the Unix/Linux
    /etc/hosts.allow files. I want to run a different version of telnet/ssh for
    a few particular IP addresses... 8/

    Under Unix/Linux, I would just modify /etc/hosts.allow to do something like
    this...

    in.telnetd : 10.10.10.0/255.255.255.0 : twist /usr/local/sbin/local_telnetd
    in.telnetd : ALL : \
    twist /bin/echo -e "\n\raccess from %h declined.\n\rGo away.";sleep 2

    Oh yes, and does it log the access attempts, and if so, where?

    Thanks
    -Paul

    Yes, I have some nuisance person I want to catch pulling some amateur
    shenanigans... I just need to log some evidence and then I'll go pull his
    cork.

  2. Re: Portmapper / access control files?

    Well, a bit late, but nevertheless...

    Paul Raulerson wrote:

    > Anyone have a pointer to the documentation for the basic TCP/IP
    > Portmapper programs? What I am looking for is the equivalent to the
    > Unix/Linux /etc/hosts.allow files. I want to run a different version of
    > telnet/ssh for a few particular IP addresses... 8/
    >
    > Under Unix/Linux, I would just modify /etc/hosts.allow to do something
    > like this...
    >
    > in.telnetd : 10.10.10.0/255.255.255.0 : twist /usr/local/sbin/local_telnetd
    > in.telnetd : ALL : \
    > twist /bin/echo -e "\n\raccess from %h declined.\n\rGo away.";sleep 2

    You can define restrictions in the service definition:

    $ TCPIP HELP SET SERVICE /ALLOW
    $ TCPIP HELP SET SERVICE /REJECT

    Hans.

+ Reply to Thread