$ SHOW DEV /MULTIPATH Output clarification - VMS

This is a discussion on $ SHOW DEV /MULTIPATH Output clarification - VMS ; Hi, I have an Alpha system with 16 Fibrechannel adapters connected to a single fibre channel fabric. When I do a $ SHOW DEVICE /MULTIPATH The output displays the available and total paths. The available and total paths is 17/17. ...

  1. $ SHOW DEV /MULTIPATH Output clarification

    Hi,

    I have an Alpha system with 16 Fibrechannel adapters connected to a
    single fibre channel fabric.

    When I do a $ SHOW DEVICE /MULTIPATH

    The output displays the available and total paths.

    The available and total paths is 17/17.

    All these seem to reflect 1 additional path. Is there a reason for
    this?

    Thanks
    Andrew

  2. Re: $ SHOW DEV /MULTIPATH Output clarification

    could there be a path via MSCP to another node?

  3. Re: $ SHOW DEV /MULTIPATH Output clarification

    andrewr@cornasys.com wrote:
    > All these seem to reflect 1 additional path. Is there a reason for
    > this?

    You probably have MSCP-serving enabled and the extra unit represents the
    MSCP-served path.

  4. Re: $ SHOW DEV /MULTIPATH Output clarification

    andrewr@cornasys.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an Alpha system with 16 Fibrechannel adapters connected to a
    > single fibre channel fabric.
    >
    > When I do a $ SHOW DEVICE /MULTIPATH
    >
    > The output displays the available and total paths.
    >
    > The available and total paths is 17/17.
    >
    > All these seem to reflect 1 additional path. Is there a reason for
    > this?

    Post the output of SHOW DEVICE/FULL for one of your disk volumes as well as SHOW
    DEVICE/FULL FG and perhaps someone here can figure it out.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page