VAX in walled-in by accident - VMS

This is a discussion on VAX in walled-in by accident - VMS ; We've heard this story over the years. I have an eyewitness. Check out my blog at: http://www.stanq.com/blog/ --Stan Quayle Quayle Consulting Inc. ---------- Stanley F. Quayle, P.E. N8SQ Toll free: 1-888-I-LUV-VAX 8572 North Spring Ct., Pickerington, OH 43147 USA stan-at-stanq-dot-com ...

  1. VAX in walled-in by accident

    ----------
    Stanley F. Quayle, P.E. N8SQ Toll free: 1-888-I-LUV-VAX
    8572 North Spring Ct., Pickerington, OH 43147 USA
    stan-at-stanq-dot-com http://www.stanq.com/charon-vax.html
    "OpenVMS, when downtime is not an option"

  2. Re: VAX in walled-in by accident

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:05:32 -0700, Stanley F. Quayle
    wrote:

    > We've heard this story over the years. I have an eyewitness. Check
    > out my blog at:
    >
    > http://www.stanq.com/blog/

    Makes you want to hear more. Can you flesh out the story, how long was it
    walled up, what was it running, how was it serving the clients,
    connections, etc. Obviously the applications were written in PL/I, since
    it was still running:-)

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  3. Re: VAX in walled-in by accident

    Tom Linden wrote:

    > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:05:32 -0700, Stanley F. Quayle
    > wrote:
    >
    >> We've heard this story over the years. I have an eyewitness. Check
    >> out my blog at:
    >>
    >> http://www.stanq.com/blog/

    > Makes you want to hear more. Can you flesh out the story, how long was it
    > walled up, what was it running, how was it serving the clients,
    > connections, etc. Obviously the applications were written in PL/I, since
    > it was still running:-)

    1998 - obviously DecAda ;-) !

    Martin

    --
    mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

  4. Re: VAX in walled-in by accident

    In article <469F538C.4713.39B7323@squayle.insight.rr.com>, "Stanley F. Quayle" writes:

    >We've heard this story over the years. I have an eyewitness. Check
    >out my blog at:
    >
    > http://www.stanq.com/blog/

    I'd still like to see a photo of the unearthed or, in this case, unwalled VAX.

    http://tmesis.com/sig.jpg

+ Reply to Thread