Re: datatrieve - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: datatrieve - VMS ; I need to be able to cross an RMS file that has a field with an occurs clause to another file in datatrieve. How do I do that? -- clarence ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clarence's Profile: http://techiegroups.com/member.php?userid=6231 View this thread: http://www.techiegroups.com/showthread.php?t=52780...

  1. Re: datatrieve

    --
    clarence
    clarence's Profile: http://techiegroups.com/member.php?userid=6231
    View this thread: http://www.techiegroups.com/showthread.php?t=52780

  2. Re: datatrieve

    In article , clarence writes:

    > I need to be able to cross an RMS file that has a field with an occurs
    > clause to another file in datatrieve. How do I do that?

    If I recall correctly, you would first cross the domain that has the "occurs"
    clause with the occurs clause.

    e.g. if a boat has an occurs clause for decks and each deck has a type of
    flooring and you have a second domain with flooring types then:

    DTR> find boat cross decks cross deck-materials over flooring-type

    But bear in mind that I've never actually used this syntax and haven't
    used Datatrieve at all for about ten years now. (And I probably wouldn't
    use an inner join for this particular example in real life).

+ Reply to Thread