ES45 Memory Special for July 07 - VMS

This is a discussion on ES45 Memory Special for July 07 - VMS ; We have a large qty of ES45 1GB Memory Kits Price is only $199 These are almost new HP original with the good buffer chips This is a very good price - and with 12 months warranty ! Davi -- ...

  1. ES45 Memory Special for July 07

    --
    David B Turner
    Island Computers US Corp

    T: 877-6364332 x201
    Intl: 001 912 447 6622

    E: dturner@islandco.com
    F: 912 201 0402
    W: http://www.islandco.com

  2. Re: ES45 Memory Special for July 07

    David Turner, Island Computers wrote:
    > We have a large qty of ES45 1GB Memory Kits
    > Price is only $199
    >
    > These are almost new HP original with the good
    > buffer chips
    >
    > This is a very good price - and with 12 months warranty !
    >
    > Davi

    How things change. I can remember paying $10K for a gig of ES40 memory
    a few years ago!

  3. Re: ES45 Memory Special for July 07

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 06:58:12 -0700, Richard B. Gilbert
    wrote:

    > David Turner, Island Computers wrote:
    >> We have a large qty of ES45 1GB Memory Kits
    >> Price is only $199
    >> These are almost new HP original with the good
    >> buffer chips
    >> This is a very good price - and with 12 months warranty !
    >> Davi
    >>

    > How things change. I can remember paying $10K for a gig of ES40 memory
    > a few years ago!

    I can remember paying $18k for 1 MB of Prime memory from Dick Egan when he
    first started EMC, and that was half of what prime was charging, ca. 1982

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com

  4. Re: ES45 Memory Special for July 07

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:42:43 -0700, Bill Gunshannon
    wrote:

    > In article ,
    > "Tom Linden" writes:
    >> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 06:58:12 -0700, Richard B. Gilbert
    >> wrote:

    >>> How things change. I can remember paying $10K for a gig of ES40 memory
    >>> a few years ago!
    >>>

    >> I can remember paying $18k for 1 MB of Prime memory from Dick Egan when
    >> he
    >> first started EMC, and that was half of what prime was charging, ca.
    >> 1982

    > You weren't by any chance present at the PUG Keynote speech he gave
    > when he held up the first high-density :-) memory board for the Pr1me?
    > I can't remember if it was Baltimore or Orlando but it is pretty funny
    > to think back on those days now when I carry 1GB in my pocket all the
    > time, "just in case". :-)

    No, but he delivered it in person to my office downtown Boston on Atlantic
    Ave.

    --
    PL/I for OpenVMS
    www.kednos.com