Re: String manipulations - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: String manipulations - VMS ; Richard B. Gilbert wrote: > apogeusistemas@gmail.com wrote: > >> Hi: >> >> Please, can you tell me how create a command procedure to get this >> file: >> [...snip...] >> Thanks in advance. >> > Awwww...... > > Are you ...

  1. Re: String manipulations

    Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    > apogeusistemas@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> Hi:
    >>
    >> Please, can you tell me how create a command procedure to get this
    >> file:
    >> [...snip...]
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>

    > Awwww......
    >
    > Are you finding your homework a little too difficult?

    Actually, I view this as quite positive. At least *someone*
    *somewhere* is being set VMS stuff for homework!

    That's good :-)

  2. Re: String manipulations

    "R.A.Omond" wrote in message
    > Richard B. Gilbert wrote:

    [...snip...]

    >> Are you finding your homework a little too difficult?

    > Actually, I view this as quite positive. At least *someone*
    > *somewhere* is being set VMS stuff for homework!

    What's really perplexing is that someone without the hacker ethic would
    actually take a computer course. Back in the day, my classmates would solve
    something like this while still in class so that everyone would know that
    the first person across the finish line could bear the title "Hacker
    Supremo".

    p.s. back then, "hacker" was a compliment; not something illegal or
    unprofessional

    Neil