What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ? - VMS

This is a discussion on What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ? - VMS ; Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything here ......

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

  1. What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good
    few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything
    here ...

  2. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    "R.A.Omond" wrote in message
    news:g1mcc0$bg0$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk...
    > Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good
    > few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything
    > here ...


    Acording to WHOIS, the domain registration expired on 19-May-2008
    --
    David Biddulph



  3. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    David Biddulph wrote:
    > "R.A.Omond" wrote in message
    > news:g1mcc0$bg0$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk...
    >> Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good
    >> few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything
    >> here ...

    >
    > According to WHOIS, the domain registration expired on 19-May-2008


    Not according to (may wrap):
    http://pir.org/index.php?mode=whois&...&Submit=Search

    Domain ID: D6610846-LROR
    Domain Name: DECUSERVE.ORG
    Created On: 19-May-1999 06: 46: 25 UTC
    Last Updated On: 25-May-2008 07: 13: 39 UTC
    Expiration Date: 19-May-2009 06: 47: 01 UTC <-------- 2009
    Sponsoring Registrar: Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
    Status: CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
    Status: AUTORENEWPERIOD
    Registrant ID: DOMAIN-RESALE
    Registrant Name: Pending Renewal or Deletion
    Registrant Street1: P.O. Box 430
    Registrant Street2:
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City: Herndon
    Registrant State/Province: VA
    Registrant Postal Code: 20172
    Registrant Country: US

    I *think* they're having some sort of network problems at Eisner:

    BlueBubble: telnet decuserve.org
    Trying ... 209.62.72.173
    Session 01, host decuserve.org, port 23
    Escape character is ^]
    Internet interface error
    Connect to network object timed-out or failed

    BlueBubble: telnet decuserve.org
    Trying ... 209.62.72.173
    Trying ... ::6000:0:3b:7777
    Failed to connect to remote host
    Network protocol error

  4. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    On May 29, 10:05*am, "David Biddulph"
    wrote:
    > "R.A.Omond" wrote in message


    I had DNS like trouble with Eisner last Friday from the bootcamp.
    Worked fine earlier that week. Works fine from home.
    I use eisner.decus.org as name ( 192.135.80.34 )
    There are 15 folks (the usual suspects :-) connected now, most (all?)
    using ssh.
    No current complaints/warnings in the DECUSERVE_FORUM notesfile

    Hein.

  5. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    On May 29, 9:30 am, Hein RMS van den Heuvel
    wrote:
    > On May 29, 10:05 am, "David Biddulph"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > "R.A.Omond" wrote in message

    >
    > I had DNS like trouble with Eisner last Friday from the bootcamp.
    > Worked fine earlier that week. Works fine from home.
    > I use eisner.decus.org as name ( 192.135.80.34 )
    > There are 15 folks (the usual suspects :-) connected now, most (all?)
    > using ssh.
    > No current complaints/warnings in the DECUSERVE_FORUM notesfile
    >
    > Hein.


    Network Solutions says the domain is expired and awaiting renewal or
    deletion. Someone from Encompass needs to deal with it ASAP; right
    now the domain is pointing to a Network Solutions 'links' page with
    the warnings on it.

    "decuserve.org expired on 05/19/2008 and is pending renewal or
    deletion."
    "Renew this Domain

    If you are the current registrant for this domain name and wish to
    continue the registration on the domain, you must immediately contact
    the domain name provider and renew the domain name to ensure the name
    is not deleted. "

    If they don't do it asap it will probably be a porn site in a few
    days.

    Rich

  6. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    On May 29, 9:50 am, "R.A.Omond" wrote:
    > Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good
    > few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything
    > here ...


    Hein, et al.,

    Perhaps the "problem" is that the DNS entries are cached. I am off-
    site at this instant, but WADR I suggest that somebody contact the
    "usual suspects" who manage the system (and possibly somebody at the
    HQ of the organization formerly known as Encompass) to report the
    problem. It would not surprise me if the email address that receives
    the warnings is out-of-date.

    - Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com

  7. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    On May 29, 10:04 am, Bob Gezelter wrote:
    > On May 29, 9:50 am, "R.A.Omond" wrote:
    >
    > > Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good
    > > few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything
    > > here ...

    >
    > Hein, et al.,
    >
    > Perhaps the "problem" is that the DNS entries are cached. I am off-
    > site at this instant, but WADR I suggest that somebody contact the
    > "usual suspects" who manage the system (and possibly somebody at the
    > HQ of the organization formerly known as Encompass) to report the
    > problem. It would not surprise me if the email address that receives
    > the warnings is out-of-date.
    >
    > - Bob Gezelter,http://www.rlgsc.com


    I sent a note to two of the contacts at encompassus; one (Barbara
    O'Connor) already bounced back an out of office; hopefully the other
    one (Katie Huffman) is there.

  8. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    On May 29, 10:22 am, Rich Jordan wrote:
    > On May 29, 10:04 am, Bob Gezelter wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On May 29, 9:50 am, "R.A.Omond" wrote:

    >
    > > > Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good
    > > > few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything
    > > > here ...

    >
    > > Hein, et al.,

    >
    > > Perhaps the "problem" is that the DNS entries are cached. I am off-
    > > site at this instant, but WADR I suggest that somebody contact the
    > > "usual suspects" who manage the system (and possibly somebody at the
    > > HQ of the organization formerly known as Encompass) to report the
    > > problem. It would not surprise me if the email address that receives
    > > the warnings is out-of-date.

    >
    > > - Bob Gezelter,http://www.rlgsc.com

    >
    > I sent a note to two of the contacts at encompassus; one (Barbara
    > O'Connor) already bounced back an out of office; hopefully the other
    > one (Katie Huffman) is there.


    Katie Huffman acknowledged my message and says they'll look into the
    problem.

    Rich

  9. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    On May 29, 10:48*am, Rich Jordan wrote:

    > Network Solutions says the domain is expired and awaiting renewal or
    > deletion. *Someone from Encompass needs to deal with it ASAP; right
    > now the domain is pointing to a Network Solutions 'links' page with
    > the warnings on it.


    I called Steve Arnold, and he indicated he'd take care of if before
    today.
    Thanks for the heads up!

    btw... I post (and read) through groups.google.com
    Looks like they started with humanoid validation on entry using the
    morphed characters passwords.
    I guess that's a good thing. Too bad it is needed. Too many idiots out
    there huh?

    Hein.

  10. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    In article <41773616-803d-4829-96e8-1a40ca52820a@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, Hein RMS van den Heuvel writes:
    >On May 29, 10:05=A0am, "David Biddulph"
    >wrote:
    >> "R.A.Omond" wrote in message

    >
    >I had DNS like trouble with Eisner last Friday from the bootcamp.
    >Worked fine earlier that week. Works fine from home.
    >I use eisner.decus.org as name ( 192.135.80.34 )
    >There are 15 folks (the usual suspects :-) connected now, most (all?)
    >using ssh.


    ....and one unusual suspect!

    --
    VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  11. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    On May 29, 11:32*am, koeh...@eisner.nospam.encompasserve.org (Bob
    Koehler) wrote:
    > In article , "R.A.Omond" writes:
    > > Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good
    > > few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything
    > > here ...

    >
    > * * I'm doing this on Eisner, and haven't had any problems for quite a
    > * *while.


    I telnet to eisner almost everyday. Today too. No problems here.

  12. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    I use eisner.encompasserve.org - its working fine

  13. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    In article , "R.A.Omond" writes:
    > Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good
    > few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything
    > here ...


    I'm doing this on Eisner, and haven't had any problems for quite a
    while.


  14. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    In article <45ae887c-269f-4aa4-be08-452ff3f52edf@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, Rich Jordan writes:
    >
    > "decuserve.org expired on 05/19/2008 and is pending renewal or
    > deletion."
    > "Renew this Domain


    That's pretty old. Try encompasserve.org, I'm using that now.


  15. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    R.A.Omond wrote:
    > Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good
    > few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything
    > here ...
    >


    Hmmm...I've had no trouble accessing it recently...

    I just cleared my browser's cache and tried again - I had no problem
    accessing NOTES:



    SSH and TELNET to eisner.decuserve.org work fine, as well - all this as
    of 29-MAY at 1930 EDT (US).


  16. Re: What's up with decuserve.org these past few days ?

    R.A.Omond wrote:
    > Haven't been able to access Eisner for a good
    > few days now, and I've seen no mention of anything
    > here ...


    Just an FYI to those who attempted to have Encompass investigate this
    problem - EISNER:: and Encompass parted ways a number of years ago.

    As noted in this thread, Steve Arnold is the point of contact for
    system/network-related issues. For those of you who haven't "visited"
    in a while, come on by and check out the web-enabled NOTES interface -
    it's quite impressive.


+ Reply to Thread