Monitor Cluster - VMS

This is a discussion on Monitor Cluster - VMS ; When I run the utility "Monitor Cluster" in one of my 40 nodes cluster, I see that nodes apear on more than one line in most of the diaplay, i.e. on "memory use". I mean the same node utilizes -80% ...

  1. Monitor Cluster

    When I run the utility "Monitor Cluster" in one of my 40 nodes cluster, I
    see that nodes apear on more than one line in most of the diaplay, i.e. on
    "memory use".
    I mean the same node utilizes -80% and in another line it says -75%.

    What is that supose to say?

    Regards
    Jack

  2. Re: Monitor Cluster

    In article , "Jack" writes:

    > What is that supose to say?

    "Buy more memory."

    8-)

  3. Re: Monitor Cluster

    Jack wrote:

    > When I run the utility "Monitor Cluster" in one of my 40 nodes cluster, I
    > see that nodes apear on more than one line in most of the diaplay, i.e. on
    > "memory use".
    > I mean the same node utilizes -80% and in another line it says -75%.
    >
    > What is that supose to say?

    Look for an ECO kit with a MONITOR fix in it.

    D.J.D.

  4. Re: Monitor Cluster

    On May 29, 7:04 am, "Jack" wrote:
    > When I run the utility "Monitor Cluster" in one of my 40 nodes cluster, I
    > see that nodes apear on more than one line in most of the diaplay, i.e. on
    > "memory use".
    > I mean the same node utilizes -80% and in another line it says -75%.
    >
    > What is that supose to say?
    >
    > Regards
    > Jack

    Well, you're doing pretty well with negative memory usage! You can
    offload all your memory to other more needy machines and it will be
    transparent to your users!

    Seriously, MONITOR does not take a complete snapshot at any given
    instance. It scans. So it was probably 80% during one scan and 75% in
    another scan, and perhaps your system is too busy. Try running MONITOR
    at priority 15 and see if that helps, or run it on a quiescent cluster
    member. Does it always do this? Every screen has multiple listings of
    the same node? Is it the same node that MONITOR is running on that
    gets doubled? Please provide some more details.

    AEF

+ Reply to Thread