Bookreader files on a PC - VMS

This is a discussion on Bookreader files on a PC - VMS ; Sorry if this has subject has been beat on previously, but I've been perusing the group archives trying to find the solution to reading bookreader files on a DOS or MS Windows-based PC. I have some old ODS CDs with ...

  1. Bookreader files on a PC

    Sorry if this has subject has been beat on previously, but I've been
    perusing the group archives trying to find the solution to reading
    bookreader files on a DOS or MS Windows-based PC. I have some old ODS CDs
    with the bookreader files on them, which I would like to pull down onto a
    laptop and be able to read them there. From what I can gather reading
    yet been able to locate on the web.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction? Besides following up here,
    feel free to reach me directly by reversing each segment of my public email
    address.

    thanks!

    --
    James
    http://www.e-host-direct.com

  2. Re: Bookreader files on a PC

    I did find on http://www1.aclabs.com/odl/bkb/alpha_bookreader.shtml

    All Bookreader formatted documentation in the Online Documenation
    Library has been migrated to the Bookreader CD-ROM. The CD-ROM image
    is available for download in MS-Windows platform
    http://www1.aclabs.com/odl/bkb/AXPBKBJUN05_ISO.ZIP

    I find the HyperShelf software that comes with the WASD web server
    very handing for making bookreader files available to PCs.
    http://wasd.vsm.com.au/

  3. Re: Bookreader files on a PC

    In article , Slor writes:

    > Can anyone point me in the right direction? Besides following up here,
    > feel free to reach me directly by reversing each segment of my public email
    > address.

    The Windows versions of the reading tools were included on the later
    copies of the CDs, but I don't recall ever seeing them on the 'net.

+ Reply to Thread