Re: Account creation - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Account creation - VMS ; "Ken Robinson" wrote on 05/15/2008 09:58:49 AM: > On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 9:41 AM, JKB wrote: > > Hello, > > > > I suppose I have made a mistake... I'm trying to create a normal > > ...

  1. Re: Account creation

    "Ken Robinson" wrote on 05/15/2008 09:58:49 AM:

    > On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 9:41 AM, JKB wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I suppose I have made a mistake... I'm trying to create a

    normal
    > > account. Thus, I have made :
    > >
    > > $ define/system/trans=(concealed)/exec disk$users dka0:[users.]
    > > $ set default disk$users:[000000]
    > > $ create /directory bertrand

    Would need square-brackets around "bertrand" like
    $create/dir/owner=bertrand [bertrand]
    but as is stated below, not until the account is created should you
    create the directory.

    > > $ set default sys$system
    > > $ run authorize
    > > UAF> add bertrand/password=mypassword /device=disk$users -
    > > _UAF> /directory=[bertrand] /owner="BERTRAND Joel" /nopwdexpired -
    > > _UAF> /nopwdexpiration
    > >
    > > UAF> show bertrand
    > > Username: BERTRAND Owner: BERTRAND Joel
    > > Account: UIC: [200,200]

    ([DEFAULT])
    > > CLI: DCL Tables: DCLTABLES
    > > Default: DISK$USERS:[BERTRAND]
    > > LGICMD:
    > > Flags: DisUser

    > Here is one problem .. the user was created with the DisUser flag, so
    > it's not available.
    >
    > Use
    >
    > UAF> mod bertrand/flag=nodisuser
    >
    > Also, I usually create the account, then create the directory.
    >
    > When you create the directory, you should make the owner the account,
    > so it can be used:
    >
    > $ cre/dir/own=bertrand disk$users:[bertrand]

    Notice the square-brackets above. Adding a "/log" will give you some
    feedback about success.

    > Ken

  2. Re: Account creation

    An additional note

    In the UAF> add bertrand command, you also want to specify a unique UIC.

    aks: add bertrand/UIC=[200,201]/password=etc etc etc

    UAF> SHOW/BRIEF [200,*] will give you the current list of UICs that are
    in use, you can then choose a new one. Remember that those are octal
    numbers (0 to 7 digits only).

    If you wish to create a new group:

    add bertrand/UIC=[300,10]/account="New Group"/password=etc etc etc

    This creates a new identifier for the 300 group. Once it is created, you
    can add users to the [300,*] group without having to specify the
    /account field.

  3. Re: Account creation

    Le 15-05-2008, à propos de
    Re: Account creation,
    JF Mezei écrivait dans comp.os.vms :
    > An additional note
    >

    > In the UAF> add bertrand command, you also want to specify a unique UIC.
    >
    > aks: add bertrand/UIC=[200,201]/password=etc etc etc
    >
    > UAF> SHOW/BRIEF [200,*] will give you the current list of UICs that are
    > in use, you can then choose a new one. Remember that those are octal
    > numbers (0 to 7 digits only).
    >
    > If you wish to create a new group:
    >
    > add bertrand/UIC=[300,10]/account="New Group"/password=etc etc etc
    >
    > This creates a new identifier for the 300 group. Once it is created, you
    > can add users to the [300,*] group without having to specify the
    > /account field.

    Thanks a lot for your explanations.

    JKB

    --
    Le cerveau, c'est un véritable scandale écologique. Il représente 2% de notre
    masse corporelle, mais disperse à lui seul 25% de l'énergie que nous

+ Reply to Thread